At least a hotel that wasn't in our name. 

Fear, I hated the feeling. I was pregnant, but still, my fear was the thought I won't be good enough. Or the occasional glass of wine I had, or the constant rough sex August and I had been having for the past months since our feelings for each other were discovered. 

So maybe that fear was a little rational. 

"I don't want to talk," I stuffed the French toast into my mouth, the syrup dripping down onto the white tee shirt I was wearing. 

Spencer was the only person who knew I was here, making her pinky promise not to tell August or her fiancé, Hayes, I was here. 

I lifted my eyes watching her place the buzzing phone on the dresser and then walk into the room. 

"Babe, what's going on?" Spencer took the tray of food away from me, a small pout deepens on my lips. 

"Nothing..." I felt a pinch of guilt run through me, not telling her the reason I'm here. My best friend who's been with me more than I can count.

"Really, nothing? Babe, you are hiding from your husband and stuffing your face," Spencer motioned to the tray of food. 

As I didn't speak she dropped her shoulders, her blonde hair drifting off her shoulders and a sad smile wavering on her lips. 

"Well if you won't talk to me, you might wanna talk to the very angry husband outside," 

My eyes shot to her and that sad smile slipped away into a devious smirk, "Bitch," 

Disregarding my words, she held up her hand in the form of a heart and blew me a kiss as she walked out of the room. 

A rush ran through me, I turn my gaze to the CVS bag sitting on the nightstand, filled with every prenatal vitamin I could find. I was scared, the same fear I felt when I was locked in that cell filled my chest and nearly drowned me. 

I hadn't had the best childhood, I was ready to start a never ended future with August but that fear of not being good enough grazed my mind and consumed my thoughts. 

"Baby?" 

My heart stilled at the deep sound of his voice, my body reacted in every way it could just feeling him this close. 

I didn't meet his gaze yet, the eye contact would have me crumble at his feet in a second. 

I swallowed, nibbling at my lip. 

"Hi," 

I heard him walk closer to me before the bed dipped, and he sat infornt of me. His finger curled around my chin tipping it and making me look up at him. 

"There's my girl," he said, as my eyes locked with his. 

Love, it filled my eyes, and looking back at him I could see it too. "I don't like it when you leave me," 

His jaw tightened, conflict and confession waged in his eyes, "I'm sorry," 

I'd let my hand feel the rough palm of his skin, a rush sent through me thinking of them roaming my body, rough hands, sweet word, messy hair. 

"Why?" 

"Do you not want to be with me? did I do something wrong?" His hand tightened around mine, his jaw ticking in thought. 

"God no, August I was scared, and I need space to think because...I'm pregnant," His gaze dropped to search my face. 

It filled with something dark, and exciting and it sent this rumble throughout me. He looked satisfied, "Are you sure?" 

"Six tests sure, I mean it's not crazy that much considering I'm not even sure you know what a condom is, but-" He cupped my face with his thumb running across my lips. 

I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders, the way his eyes widened and filled with so much excitement, made my throat tighten. 

I'd always known this was the man who will always be in my life, I didn't know he would become, the love of my life.

Happiness pinged off the walls of my chest, leaving me happy. He wiped tears from my cheek. 

"Are you happy?" I asked, he nodded his head kissing my forehead. 

"So fucking happy," His voice coarse. 

Pulling me closer till I was my tears soaked his shirt, I could hear his heart beating fast. 

"You are gonna be an amazing mother," 

His words sent my fear out of the window, he has no idea how much I needed to hear that. The way my shoulders dropped and my head pushed deeper into his chest, this was real. 

Tipping my head up, I kissed him. Heat burst in my chest, sinking into my body. He held my face and kissed me back, soft and slow, yet deep to feel every emotion that reached my heart. 

"You are the bane of my existence," His lips trailed to my neck and nibbled on the spot, "The love of my life," 

"Say it again," 

"I love you," He kissed me, a rough rumble in his chest, as my nails dug into his shoulder. 

"I love you," I felt him smile against my neck, the words leaving me. His voice rebounded in my head. 

a low laugh slips from him, "My wife, the mother to all my children, I will never let you go," 

I wasn't sure how I'd gotten here, but I knew I was meant to be here. With him, by my side. As he laid me down on the bed, his body thrusting between my legs. 

With his last name, his ring on my finger, and the father to the child in my stomach. I was his and he was mine. 

The love of my life.