t h i r t y - f i v e

My feet touched the bare concrete floor, tears streaming down my face but still, I didnt let a sound out

I heard that bible verus as he entered Spencer's cell, Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Asshole, my body burned with rage and I couldn't do anything. Pain settle on my back, only hearing Spencer's soft whimpers, I wanted to give in.

I let my mind slip into my hiding place, blocking out the noise. August, I missed his touch, so fucking much.

My hands went to my hair, my curly hair now matted, dry still I felt like I can feel his hands through my hair.

"I love your hair,"

A smile touches my lips looking up into his blue eyes, I always loved his eyes, knowing I had too much pride to ever tell him.

"Why, it's just hair?" I asked, my hands intertwined with his. This silly smile never leaves my lips every time I'm near him.

He never smiled much but now a smile on him made the room seem so much brighter, "Because, it's your hair. I love everything that belongs to you,"

His thumb pull back my lip, "I love your lips and every smart ass thing that comes out,"

August kissed me, biting my lip as he pulled back still leaving me breathless, "I  really love them when they are wrapped around my cock,"

Warmth touches my cheeks smacking his shoulder only for him to let out a chuckle, I love his laugh.

"Your sick," I chuckled, my hand tracing one of his tattoos, it's my favorite. A falling start right near his heart.

"Why a star?"  I asked, I felt his gaze on me while my hand traced it.

"Because it's the meaning of your name," My heart fluttered, the tattoo wasn't new, something in my chest caved, he always loved me.

My eyes flutter open, I wasn't in his arms I was here. In this prison.

Tears pooled my eyes, begging to escape but I held my ground I spilled enough tears here and I wanted nothing more than to go home.

~~~~~~

"Where are you taking us?"

Men held me and Spencer by our upper arms, he was moving us. Father wanted us weak so we couldn't escape but anger ran through my body and I had enough energy to try to escape.

They didn't answer us, Spencer was beside me casting glances at the gun in the man's waistband, I knew what she was thinking and I was too but as much as I hate it, any wrong move can get us killed.

The familiar house interior comes into view leading us out of the basement, memories of my mother around the house filled my mind now it was empty, and the smell of curry I used to smell whenever I come over was gone.

Dragging us upstairs, he pushed me and Spencer inside my old bedroom and Spencer inside of Olivia.

The room was exactly how I left it, with light pink wallpaper, the bed in the middle of the room, and the pile of clothes on the small sofa in the room from the last time I was here.

Father left everything untouched, meaning everything was in the same place. My weak legs walked to the walk-in closet, pushing the clothes on the hangers a smile touching my lips seeing the pathway was still there.

As modern as my father wanted to make the home, the building was built in 1833, and secret passages were all over the house, one that goes from my closet into Olivia's room, I pulled the latch back hoping he didnt change anything.

He didn't, I got a good view of the room. Spencer sat on the floor, her blonde hair much shorter. A sob escapes her and my heartache.

"Spencer,"

Her head whipped around to the spot I was at in the wall, I sat on the shelves making myself comfortable.

On her side, a painting covers the spot I'm not sure Olivia ever knew about this, she was far too stupid.

"Estella, how?"

"The secret passage," Her eyes widen remembering when I told her about them, she looked horrible.

"I'm sorry," I say feeling guilty, he was my father and I got her here.

"It's not your fault he's sick in the head," she touched her hair, and I shook my head pressing my head back against the wall.

"If I just gave in, then we wouldn't be here, you will be with Hayes and I would..." I drifted off not knowing what to say next, I would be dead is what I thought but I couldn't bear to say it.

It would've been easier if I didn't fall in love if I didn't adore my friends, it would've been easier to give in and take whatever my father wanted from me.

"If things went differently, I would have never met Hayes, you wouldn't have fallen in love with August, everything happens for a reason," Spencer says, a warmth touching my face.

we sat in silence for a second before she spoke again, "Why did he bring us up here?"

"I don't know, do you remember our code?" I asked stepping down from the shelves, she nodded her head.

"Listen out for it," I kissed her forehead, muttering I love you before closing the latch. My feet dragged back to the bed, laying on it taking in everything.

My mind try to understand why he brought us up here, instead, I took it for granted, gathering my strength.