f o u r

Live by the sun, love by the moon.

"Mamma!" I called out opening the door to my family's home

"Mamma!" I called out opening the door to my family's home. Spencer walks on behind me taking off our shoes as we walk in.

"In here!" I followed her voice, walking into the kitchen, she stood over the stood mixing something, I walked over to her.

"Open." She pushed a spoon towards my mouth. I open my mouth with curious eyes, mhm, this is good.

"Mhm, curry chicken." I widen my eyes going for another bite. She smacked my hand, well that was rude.

"I feel like it's a crime hitting your only daughter," I remarked, she shook her head as she finished mixing it.

"You'll live, now what are you two beautiful girls doing here?" She questioned us.

My father called for me, and now I'm here. Since He's in partnership with August now, I've been avoiding him.

I don't exactly want to run into august five times a week at the agency, Spencer already told me she saw him there four times.

I can't handle running into him, I barely can come up with comebacks to throw at him.

"Father called, and you have a nice pool out there that's not getting renovated." I smiled at the end of my sentence, I looked out at the backyard.

My pool has been getting renovated, I live with Spencer on the upper east side, and living with her is like having my own reality show.

"Okay, well you two go out and have fun, I'll call you when your father is here." She smiled, it didn't meet her eyes but it was there.

I remember as a child, my mother use to tell me when she got here she lost her heart a long time ago, then grey and I came. And we became the only reason her heart was still beating, for some reason I made sure I'd never leave her.

That's why I'm still here, visiting even when I can't stand this place and still working in my father's agency when I could've burned it all to the ground a long time ago.

I despise him so much, The word father rotten in my mouth every time it rolls off my tongue.

I glance over at Spencer, a grin reaching my lips as I spoke.

"The last one to the pool is a rotten egg."

𑁍