e l e v e n

Differences

"I'm not taking you to the hospital because an paint can hit your head," I say to Spencer, as I grabbed a paintbrush

"You threw it at me!" She shouts, rubbing her head. Maybe I did or maybe I didn't, we would never know.

Between me and my self Conscience, I did.

"I was in a bad mood," I shrugged nonchalantly, she let out a loud sigh.

"You've been in a bad mood since you came back from August's house, and that was two weeks ago." Spencer points out.

"Oh no, have I?" I state sarcastically, she narrowed her eyes at me playfully but then spoke.

"You know you have, are you gonna tell me what happened?" She questioned me, running her hands through her blonde hair.

I glanced up casually from my canvas giving her a simple. "Nope."

Another dramatic sigh came to my ears, we were in the art studio downtown that an elderly woman owns, any other day I would be at mine but it seems I can't focus there.

"Besides, nothing happened," I tell her, glancing back down at my empty canvas.

Every time I close my eyes I see those children and that girl, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

I kill people for a living and that makes me sick?

"You can't even keep a steady hand." Spencer looks at my shaky hand. Gripping the paintbrush I spoke.

"Everything is okay." I lied through my teeth.

Spencer took the paintbrush out of my hand and holding it up high. I didn't even bother to reach for it but I only grabbed another.

"Seriously!" I chuckled at her tone, whenever she says 'seriously' it reminds me of Caroline off the vampire diaries.

"I'm just playing smart." I smiled, dipping the brush into the paint. My smiled falter as she took the paintbrush again and the rest of them of the floor.

Dam you!

"Tell me now, or I will wet these all." She's bluffing, right? She wouldn't actually fuck up my paintbrushes.

Only the spawn of satan would do that.

"You wouldn't dare." I stood from my spot on the floor, she ran over to the sink and turn the water on.