t w e n t y - n i n e

"Spencer, I'm fine," I mumbled into the phone, in my free hand I placed the paintbrush down

"Spencer, I'm fine," I mumbled into the phone, in my free hand I placed the paintbrush down. Rain hits the windows, on a fine Sunday morning, I could hear the church bells ring.

"Are you sure, you have been gone for days, and knowing how you and August are, im surprised Hayes didnt tell me you tried to kill him yet," Spencer sighs into the phone, we have been gone for three days and she has over-exaggerated

"Never say never," I mumbled, thinking of the few days that went by, he hasn't talked to me, he comes to bed late and leaves before I get up.

This feels less like a honeymoon and more like a punishment, I feel as though I did something when I did nothing at all, I think.

Now that I recall I did have one too many of his fruit snacks, but I always do. Knowing that he's ignoring me, feels wrong.

"Earth to Estella," Spencer's voice brings me back, so lost in my thoughts I picked up the paintbrush unknowingly only for be to drop it, letting the paint splash on the canvas and my dress.

"Fuck," I muttered, holding the phone between my ear and shoulder letting Spencer rant on and on in my ear.

"Im just saying, you can't tell me you don't feel something for the man," her words bring me back to her, I wasn't even sure how we got here.

My heart tighten in my chest and I gripped the phone, I stood from my seat and walked around the art room August had here, he showed it to me on the first day we came here telling me it was a gift.

It was beautiful to say, canvas all around for me, plants and enough windows giving the room this beautiful cottage core vibe.

"What do you mean?"

she scoffed, I'd pictured her running her hands through her blonde hair. "You have to feel something for him, other than hate, I mean you see the way he looks at you,"

I wanted to, when he looks at me I wanted to see what he see in me. "Tell me what you at least like about him,"

I sighed, in the past, I couldn't come up with a single thing. I took a seat near the window, twirling a curl around my finger.

"He's smart, very handsome, thoughtful," I paused, "I like that he has satin pillows around the house for my hair and that he appreciates my art,"

I inhaled deeply as my mind raced back to everything he's done for me, a smile touching my lips just thinking about it.

"I have to go spencer," I change the topic, and she sighed.

"Very well, I will get you to confess your feelings about him sooner or later," I shook my head at her, and ended the call.

My feelings about August, I couldn't even understand them. Going near him I was breathless every time, the past three days knowing I was gonna sleep beside him made me excited to go to bed but disappointed when he didnt show up.