t h i r t e e n

Intuition.

I could hear the monitor beeping as I floated to the surface of my slumber

I could hear the monitor beeping as I floated to the surface of my slumber. I could hear the voices bounce off my skull. They sounded so far but yet so close.

"I'm starting to think she's dead." The voice was deep and settle and a male. I moved some inch of my body but stayed stilled as possible as He mumbles, "maybe I should poke her."

"You've been poking her for the past forty-eight hours." Another voice resonate, this voice was light and soft and a girl. "And I think if you poke her again, he will bite you, again."

"Look I'm just saying, she looks dead," The deep voice says in defense, I could pictures a blank face just holding his hands up.

"And you look like your mother should have swallowed you," As became fully awake the voices became so familiar.

I couldn't help to laugh softly as I sit up, my body was aching.

I open my eyes and pushed myself up as I stare at Spencer and Hayes. Spencer jumps back with a small yelp and hid behind Hayes looking at me.

Hayes walked over to me and poked my cheek, I grabbed his finger and he says, "you're alive!"

"I shouldn't be," I mumbled dropping his hand, flashes of how that mission took place went through my head.

"Don't say that, be happy." Hayes smiled, I think he's a serial killer on crack.

Spencer rolled her eyes and stare down at me before speaking, "she's right, she killed four agents and Nico Collin. You should be at your reserved spot in hell."

"What the hell happened?" Spencer questions me, I could hear how worried she was in her tone.

"Nothing." I shrugged, starting to get out the bed. Only to be pushed back down by blondie.

"Stop lying, four agents and a dead boss plus you laying on the street nearly bleeding out isn't nothing."

I sighed heavily, my attention turned towards the door as August walks in. I'm guessing my reason being here is him.

He stare down at me but didn't say anything, I couldn't even read his expression.

"Estella," Spencer calls me, making me look back at her. Oh, right we were having a one-sided conversation.

"I was on a mission." I shrugged my shoulders, It wasn't a lie either.

"All your mission goes through him," she pointed at August, "so what are you not telling me."