o n e

games.

My home has always been like a prison, a hundred acres of land, fifteen rooms each door always having a lock

My home has always been like a prison, a hundred acres of land, fifteen rooms each door always having a lock. The large black front doors with a gold knob, that as I child I always thought if I open them they would lead me to my death.

I sit at the kitchen counter, tapping my finger as I look down at the book in my hand, trying to ignore the same large front doors that keep opening over and over again.

My life has been built around blood and dirty money, even if they use the stocks business and clubs to hide it.

I remember a time were I neglected where I came from, but you can't change DNA, It's in my blood to be in this filthy world, even if I don't necessarily like it.

Chatter fills my ears as voices from the foyer as the doors open and closed repeatedly.

My mother's forced laughter join with my cousins trialed through the kitchen as they walked in, I closed my book knowing deeply that I would get no hope in finishing it when they are around.

I stayed home from church this morning, not exactly feeling all in the mood to praise the lord after all the sinning I've done. I could hear his smooth dark voice through the doors as they keep opening. I knew it belongs to my father's new business partner.

And, It was also the reason I was hiding in the kitchen, even so, I wouldn't never admit I was hiding from him.

"Estella, must you always have your nose in a book." My mamma said as she placed a tray on the counter with my family members following.

I released a heavy sigh hearing my name roll off my mother tongue. I rarely hear my full name anymore.

"I rather have my nose stuck in a book than have my nose in other people's business," I remarked softly.

She narrowed her eyes at me playfully. My mother married my father, Arron Knight; a high profile in the business world, he carried on his family's legacy to carry out the largest assassin agency.

My mother married my father, not by choice, this happy facade she's putting on irks my soul. Because once we leave she will still have to stay in this prison, even if no one knows, we're all just visitors in her prison.

"Father isn't happy with you." She changes the subject casually, as she mixed the salad.

"Oh no, what did I possibly do now." I draw sarcastically, placing my hand on my chin.

She looked up at me through her dark long eyelashes, our looks are uncanny, she practically gave birth to another vision of herself.