t e n

Pretend.

Sometimes it isn't much to say

Sometimes it isn't much to say. When an event like that happens it's hard to come up with words. I've experienced many events like that and because it was an event that took me off guard, I don't know how to process it.

I say cross-legged on the hospital bed, August brought me here and for the first time in a long time, I didn't even argue with him.

"I need a Xanax." I gripped the bridge of my nose.

"Mixing those and painkillers aren't good honey, I would know." Doctor Rhys said as he stitched up the graze on my arm.

My ears were still ringing slightly and the lights strain my eyes.

"It can't be as bad of mixing a gin atonic and Hennessy." I grin at the thought, the last time I had a drink that hard I couldn't remember my Will to live.

"Ou, you get down and dirty, I like you." Doctor Rhys nudge my shoulder making me laugh.

He had dark hair, his eyes looked exactly like August's. He was around 5'11 and he gives off this ray of sunshine vibe.

"Okay, I'm all done." He cut the final string and patted my shoulder.

After august dropped me off here he went back to makes sure everything was okay, I didn't want to go back.

"Y'know it's really nice to meet you," Rhys says, I looked up at him with curious eyes. "I heard so much about you, I'd never thought he would allow me to meet you."

"What?" I sputter, what the heck is he talking about.

Just as he was about to speak the door open, and August walked in.

"Leave." He speaks one final word, making Rhys drop his stuff and leave. Before he left mumbled

"Freaking whipped."

What the heck was that?

"Are you okay?" August asked, I looked up to the ceiling making him frown.

"Did august de' freaking Luca just ask me if I was okay, is the sky falling?" I say sarcastically, he let out a low laugh it was so low I had to stop breathing to hear it.

I knew I was funny, he laughed at my jokes.

"Don't get used to it." He mumbled, but the corner of his lips lifted. He's warming up to me, I mean who isn't, I'm irresistible.