Chapter 47

'No, no, it must be here, please just give me another minute', Hyunjin stressed as he scattered all contents of his bag on the floor, rummaging through the mess in desperation while the people on the queue behind him tcked in annoyance and tapped their feet impatiently.

'Sir, you're holding the rest of the queue up, I would ask you to move to the side and come back once you have found your passport', the lady said professionally, even if he could see the irritation in her twitching eye.

'But- but-', the brunette whined as he kept looking and looking but couldn't see the one most important thing he needed to fucking /get on a plane/.

'C'mon, we have a flight to get on, move', someone behind him shouted and Hyunjin jolted at the rude tone before he started packing the things back in his bag, sniffling as he failed to hold the tears back, the humiliation and the disappointment in his own self catching up to him while the next person went past him and presented their passport to the same lady.

'You idiot, you fucking idiot', Hyunjin murmured under his nose and sniffled one more time, trying to wipe his tears with the sleeve of his hoodie as he got up with his head hung low and shamefully walked outside the building, plopping himself down on a bench and taking out a cigarette to light up with shaky hands as he felt more tears spilling down his face.

'What the fuck am I gonna do', he whispered to himself, resting the back of his head on the glass wall behind him as he took a long drag from the cig. The airport was too far away from his place and he could never make it in time to get his passport. Plus, his parents couldn't afford to buy him new tickets so soon after and would probably just yell at him for always being so forgetful and disordered. And now he would have to swallow down the shame to show up at his dorm just two hours after the emotional 'goodbye' he had shared with Jisung.

'Ugh', he grumbled and pulled his phone out of his backpack to check the time, but found that his battery had died completely. So he even forgot to charge it last night.

'Fucking great, amazing', Hyunjin cursed himself and he just wanted to scream because how could he fuck everything up, the one time he had tried to do something for himself, the one time he had made an attempt to heal his shattered heart, everything was against him, leaving him in his misery and self-wallowing.

So he took another drag and watched the smoke trail towards the sun, scoffing at himself but still indulging in the sharp pain as his brain supplied him with images of the way Felix's skin would shine under the sunlight.

Not ready to go back home yet and face reality, Hyunjin made his way back to the airport, deciding to get himself a coffee that he could at least cry into as he watched everyone excitedly talking about their upcoming flights. He didn't bother charging his phone even when he was sitting at the cafe, preferring to just focus on the self-disappiating thoughts as he swallowed down the bitter black coffee.

He wasn't sure for how long he stood like that but once his bladder started hurting from the need to pee, he puffed while getting up, his muscles stiff as he dragged the useless suitcase after him and followed the signs to the men's toilets.

After relieving himself, he looked in the mirror, barely recognising the person in it, with how bony his face looked, his cheeks long gone and the black under his red eyes more prominent than ever. He ran a hand through his messy hair, fingers catching on the tangled strands and wincing at it.

'C'mon Hyunjin, you'll figure it out, you'll talk to your therapist again and see what you can do', the man said to his reflection in a hopeless attempt to motivate himself out of his miserable state. With another sigh, he grabbed his suitcase again and fitted his bag on his shoulder, preparing himself mentally for the insane fare of the taxi he would have, knowing how expensive the ones parked next to the airport were. Maybe he should've charged his phone, after all.