Chapter 28

On the next day, Hyunjin woke up with a smile, forming itself on his face before he even opened his eyes. His heart fluttered at the possibility of spending more time with Felix today, the thought awakening him faster than anything else could've.

The brunette grabbed his phone from the nightstand next to his bed and after quickly unplugging it from the charger, he checked his notifications, only to end up with heartbeat increased further at the simple message on top of all other:

Lixie [[07:02]]

Good morning, sunshine.

Hyunjin made a small squealing noise at the back of his throat as he buried his nose in the pillow underneath him. The man's body twisted in all sorts of ways, the sudden rush in his body that the words made him experience was a sensation that he didn't know how to deal with or suppress.

'You know what, I'm not even gonna ask', Jisung's sleepy voice from the other bed in the room reached Hyunjin's ears but went past them all the same as he remembered how Felix's voice had sounded when calling him 'sunshine' yesterday, emitting even more small sounds from the brunette.

'Sunshine...I'm sunshine', Hyunjin repeated again and again with a muffled voice, face still buried in his pillow and feeling the way his blood gathered in his cheeks, painting them a deep shade of red, the colours seeping through his ears and down to his neck.

'It's way too early in the morning, how are you even in this state already', Jisung said as Hyunjin heard shuffling, followed by leisure steps in the direction of the bathroom.

'It's because I'm /Sunshine/!!', Hyunjin almost yelled into his pillow, his feet hitting the bed repeatedly.

'Ah, young love', Jisung sighed dramatically before shutting the bathroom door, leaving Hyunjin alone with his rapid heartbeat.

The brunette was suddenly hit with the realisation that he'd left Felix's message on read and quickly grabbed his phone again, going back to their chatroom. After contemplating on the best way to respond without showing how affected he had been exactly, the man finally sent a:

Hyunjin [[7:10]]

'Good morning, pretty fairy, can't wait to see you today'

Hyunjin bit his lips hard, his heartbeat loud in his ears as he nervously tapped the side of his phone. However, the message showed 'read' almost a second after, followed by an immediate response which had the man dropping the phone straight on his face.

Lixie [[7:10]]

'Trust me, neither can I.'

********************************

Hyunjin went through his classes all sorts of giddy, the eight of them who had been at Changbin's house had created a group chat last night, deciding on having lunch together at the cafeteria to hang out and it made the brunette look forward to the end of morning lectures more and more.

'Ugh Hannie, I'll need to spend 10-15 extra minutes with the professor after class today, gotta discuss my presentation for next week', Hyunjin pouted, 'but you go ahead, I'll come to you guys after I'm done, hope it doesn't take too long', the brunette ran his fingers through the soft strands of hair, that even if not curly today, it bounced when Hyunjin walked down classroom, the man's new conditioner doing /wonders/ and he could cry from how grateful he was.

'Sure thing, I'll get your food as well, so you don't have to worry', Jisung patted Hyunjin's back.

'Oh god, what did I do to deserve you', the brunette chirped as he landed a wet noisy kiss on Jisung's cheek, making the shorter man scrunch his face in disgust, as he tried to wipe the saliva from his face.