Chapter 19

It took several minutes for all of them to calm down. They sat on the grass, staring up at the twinkling stars in the now dark sky, as their breathing slowly went back to normal.

Even if Felix wasn't embracing him anymore, the TA had laid a hand over Hyunjin's lower back, the fleeting touch more comforting than anything else at that moment.

'Come on guys, let's grab something from the pharmacy, all our knuckles are a mess and Hyunjin needs some treatment for his neck as well',Chan announced as he sat up on his feet with a small groan.

At the reminder, Hyunjin's hand shot up to the skin on his neck and he tapped over it, where he guessed the purple bruises from Sam's grip around his throat were forming. He put a bit more pressure on them and hissed at the slight pain. A low disapproving sound next to him was combined with another hand, ghosting over Hyunjin's before it loosely grabbed it in an attempt to pull it away from his neck.

'Don't touch it too much for now, it'll hurt', Felix warned with a softer voice and Hyunjin relaxed his hand, allowing it to collapse in the TA's smaller one as Felix traced each of the brunette's fingers with his own, turning Hyunjin's breathing irregular again.

The two of them stared at their hands in daze and Hyunjin couldn't help it when he turned his own hand around, allowing for his palm to face Felix's, before skimming over it with hesitant fingertips.

Felix imitated the motion on Hyunjin's palm then, lightly stroking the skin until the brunette let out a quiet gasp at the feeling. Then, the TA's hand wrapped around Hyunjin's and slowly turned it around, before his fingers nestled in between each one of the brunette's longer ones.

Hyunjin watched as their hands intertwined with each other, the way the taller man's bigger hand nearly covered Felix's completely but still made Hyunjin feel as if he could drown and get lost in-between the man's shorter fingers.

The brunette glanced at Felix's face and the way the TA watched their laced fingers with a parted mouth had Hyunjin's heart skipping a beat.

Minho cleared his throat next to them and both men jolted at the sound before their hands pulled away from each other, the cool air replacing Felix's fingers in the space between his own. A light blush covered Hyunjin's cheeks as he fit a strand of hair behind his ear and looked to the side. He cleared his throat before slowly sitting up, followed by the TA whose hand wavered over Hyunjin's back without touching it directly.

'Um, yes, let's go', the brunette said quietly and the soft way in which Minho and Chan were looking at them had the blush on his face deepening.

*******************************

Half an hour later, the four of them were sitting on a bench close to one of the pharmacies around campus, applying treatment on their bruised knuckles as they tried to distract themselves with light conversations.

Minho was telling them stories about his old dance team and the trips they had gone to together, making the other three chuckle as they listened to the anecdotes about the things their group would do when they'd gotten drunk on the beach.

'It was so much fun, though', Minho sighed nostalgically and Hyunjin saw Chan's light smile as the older man squeezed the other's knee lightly.

'We could do something like that as well, us four with Jisung and Changbin, even Jeongin and Seungmin might join if they want to', Chan suggested and it had Hyunjin perking up, the idea of going somewhere away from their everyday lives, somewhere where they could just focus on spending a good time together instead of worrying about way too much, sounded more than pleasant to his ears.