Chapter 44

'Hyunjin, oh my god, what happened to you', the brunette could hear Jisung's voice as the man rushed to him, lifting Hyunjin's chin up gently and moving his head to both sides as the taller was supported by Chan's weight, one of the producer's arms wrapped around his waist.

'Oh, Hyunnie- did you get attacked by someone, your face, you-'

'Han-ah', Chan let out, the sound raspy, before Hyunjin heard him gulp, 'It's- it's really bad'

'What? Fuck, why didn't you bring him to the hospital, who attacked you Hyunnie, what happened, where's Felix', and at the sound of the name, the numbness that had found itself in Hyunjin's chest during the ride to his dorm, that made him feel like a ghost more than a human being, was cut in two as it felt like a knife dug into his chest and split it. The man let out a choked up sob before his legs wobbled and gave in completely, not even Chan able to keep him still as he slid down and his knees touched the cold floor.

'Hyunjinnie-', the man heard Chan's devastated voice as he carefully placed a hand on the taller's back in attempted comfort. Han kept making worried sounds over his crouching figure while the brunette's forehead touched the ground and he started crying ugly, barely able to take a breath as the reality hit him, as the familiar pain snuggled itself between each one of his bones.

'Fe-lix', Hyunjin whimpered in agony, 'He's- Feli-x's guh- gone, he's go-ne, he's gone, Felix's gone, he's gone', he bawled, voice cracking and his throat feeling like it was being choked by an invisible hand, not letting him breathe, as he cried in despair between his two friends and fell deeper and deeper, right in the abyss that was found in the cracks of the wooden floor, he kept falling and falling and Felix wasn't there to catch him anymore.

So he was swallowed by the darkness.

****************************

Hyunjin couldn't remember much of what had happened after that, everything was a blur, from Chan telling Han as much as he knew about the situation before rushing to go to Felix's apartment again and begging Jisung to take care of Hyunjin, to his roommate embracing him and trying to force him off the ground and onto the bed, to the brunette eventually being led to a nurse that tried to check whether he has internal bleeding and took care of his cuts and swollen jaw, scolding him gently as he kept crying over the wounds on his face and making them worse.

He didn't remember how he had gotten in bed after that, he barely had processed Jisung helping him shower before dressing him with the blue shirt that he always slept with. He felt out of his body, out of his mind, floating and watching everything from a distance, but not really seeing a thing.

The only thing he remembered was clutching onto Felix's shirt that he had come with, the only thing he remembered was trying to bury his nose in the fabric to take in the slightest scent of the TA lingering there, while Jisung hugged him tight and whispered comforting words that Hyunjin couldn't hear even if he tried to.

And eventually, sleep finally took the brunette away, his aching body relaxing for the first time in hours as the tears dried on his face and he dreamt of purple being washed away by grey colours while he screamed Felix's name in the middle of the night.

Again.

And again.

And again.

*******************************

The days following that, Hyunjin barely left his bed. He only ate when Jisung or Minho forced food into his mouth and barely spoke after the first time he had opened up about everything that had happened with Felix and his dad to his best friends.

He hid under the blankets, not letting go of the white shirt that he held onto like a lifeline and only got up to light up all the sandalwood candles he owned. He screamed at Jisung who kept blowing them off because the scent sent the brunette into episodes of endless crying and thrashing on the bed.