Chapter 45

Felix's POV

Felix dropped his bag down on the floor the moment he walked in his old room, the one he had spent his childhood in, the only safe sanctuary he had had in between the cold grey walls of the house-so big that it felt like it swallowed the man's smaller frame a bit more each time he walked in it, with each day he would spend there.

'Get that dirt off your face and come to my office afterwards, there is plenty of work for me to give you', Minjun commanded as he stood by the entrance of Felix's room. The purple-haired scoffed internally. Yeah, as if the 'dirt' on his face wasn't a product of his own father's fists.

'Yes, dad', he only muttered instead and when Minjun walked away, Felix allowed himself to let out a pained gasp, his hand grabbing the left side of his chest and squeezing it hard, his teeth gritted as he felt his heart pumping pain that was disguised as blood to every part of his body, flowing and poisoning him, until he felt nothing else but agony.

The twisted expression of pain on a certain brunette's face painted itself in the back of Felix's eyelids and the man felt a deadly pang in his chest that had the purple-haired shaking with the intensity of it. He squeezed his eyes shut tighter, eyebrows furrowed, as he tried to fight off the pain, until the ticking clock in his room reminded him that he had no time, he had to go, he had to /move/.

His father was waiting.

So he tried to take in a sharp breath and force his thoughts away, tried to pretend that his mind is a white and empty canvas as he moved to the bathroom to wash his face before going to Minjun's home office.

*******************************

Felix was asked to work in the said office, alongside his father who was going through documents from his desk, while the shorter took the couch and leaned over a table while trying to read through everything that Minjun had given him. And even if the numbers and terminology were something the man was used to, something he could read and understand with ease any other day, his brain struggled to take a single word in, ending up in Felix having to re-read the same sentences again and again.

'Why the hell are you not even halfway done yet?', his dad suddenly barked from his desk, 'What happened to the 'genius', huh? Or did you mess around enough to lose your brain's capabilities, fucking good for nothing', the man muttered the last words angrily and Felix only blinked at the papers in his hand, cursing at his quivering hand.

'I'm sorry dad, I'll try to focus better', the man said after a gulp and heard a huffing sound from Minjun.

'It'll be in your favour, you're not going out of this room before you finish reading and memorising all of these, you're aware of that aren't you, son?', Felix glanced at the enormous unread pile on his left side and swallowed down the groan he wished to let out, knowing he'll definitely be stuck here all night long.

'I understand, I apologise dad', he said with a flat voice, the words easy to say, coming out of his mouth mechanically, the purple-haired knowing the script, knowing what to do to make Minjun satisfied, and knowing how to avoid a punch without dodging.

'Good, now less talking and more reading, son, prove me that you weren't just a big mistake, after all', the words had Felix biting the inside of his cheek but he stayed quiet, only giving a single nod before grabbing the next paper.

You need to do better.

******************************

When at some point, his father had forced him to have dinner with him due to Felix's empty stomach disrupting the silence between them, the man agreed, even if the thought of putting anything in his mouth made him want to vomit.