78 *

" i've been in love with her for ages "

---

aurora astor. *

"Turn it off."

I grumbled at his alarm, my face buried into his chest while his own absentminded swears escaped his lips. The blaring goddamn alarm of his going off at this hour has me curling further into his warmth and the inviting sleep it offers.

He tapped his hand around the nightstand, rolling over to squish me under his weight in the process to finally shut the damn thing up.

Exhaustedly groaning beneath him, he layered lazy, apology kisses into my scalp while somehow coaxing me out of bed — a feat not many have been able to achieve.

The two of us stumble out of bed, my eyes still shut as I loop my arms around his bare, thin waist. He just carries on, unbothered by the welcoming touch as I lay my head on the warm planes of his back as he ruffles his morning hair.

My eyes are still peacefully shut as he walks us onto the cool-to-touch tile beneath my bare feet. And eventually, he peeks over his shoulder, catching me leaning entirely into his figure to only chuckle at the sight.

We sleepily brushed our teeth, wondering with every passing second what the fuck I was doing up so early with him. But I tiredly washed my face with a splash of cold water that didn't help matters and left my mouth fresh with stark mint toothpaste.

I just grumbled at him, slipping away from him while he followed and one step into his bedroom had me falling face-first into his bed once more.

I sighed as if melting into the plushness all over again, snuggling back under the covers to the dream-like sound of his laugh skittering across my skin. The bed dips and his front meets my back, wrapping his arm around my waist once more.

"What was the fucking point–" he badgers but I shush him, reaching back to mindlessly pat his cheek which only elicits his adorable laugh into my back.

"Shh, just one more hour, just a nap," I practically slur my tired words out, and he just hummed while remaining far more awake than I could ever be at this hour in the morning.

---

And I fall back into the bliss rhythm of sleep to the gentle humming melody trickling from his chest and his fingertips dragging through my hair and across my scalp.

Awareness gradually floods my body once more, easing into the sweet serenity of tired kisses dragging across the side of my neck. A familiar weight curls against my back, ensuring I remain warm while as if held entirely together by his very existence.

My head rolls back into the plush of the pillow, my eyes just barely shut as lazy morning sunlight light filters through the skylight above.

An airy breath sighs from my lips the moment his lips meet my cheek, only allowing him to melt further into me with a deep hum that trickles down to the depths of my belly.

His scent devours me, my senses running haywire under the mere caress of tobacco and warm vanilla seeping off his pores.

"Couldn't help myself," he sweetly mumbles into my skin as if he's spent however fucking long just staring down at me sleep and memorizing every single feature of mine until it was textbook knowledge.

My fingertips slip up the nape of his neck, curling into the satin curls that rest in their messy state from the night. His thigh snug between my legs, the toned muscle pinned against my core. "Harry–" his name slips from my lips like a little prayer, desperately pleading that this truly is my own reality.