15

" i've got sunshine on a cloudy day "

---

aurora astor.

I exhale, tugging up my flare jeans by the belt loopholes. I slide my arms into my coat again, feeling the warmth surround me whilst picking up my backpack and throwing it over my shoulders.

I pull my dark forest green beanie onto my head with my hair down under it. I quickly grab my coffee, banana, and keys as I slide my feet into my shoes and I head out of my apartment.

I lock up and continue on my way, heading down the stairs while peeling open my banana and breaking off a piece at the top of the fruit. My tumbler is tucked against my chest under my arm while I push the door open to the cold air of the afternoon, having just a singular class today with plans of studying at the diner later.

I chew my sweet snack as I walk down the pavement, glancing down the street for a fraction of a second as I always do. I continue on my way and rub at my temple with my thumb, trying to quell the confusion in my head and the pulsing headache I've had for the past few days.

I just walk the normal route to campus, taking turns down sidewalks and weaving past people late in the afternoon with the gray skies above.

I walk onto campus to get to the building where my lecture is, tossing my banana peel into the first trash can I see as I finish chewing off the last piece in my mouth. I lick my lips and take a sip on my bitter coffee through the straw.

I attempt to swallow but nearly choke when a presence joins my side.

I choke on a cough a little and my heart just skipped a beat in my chest. I just hear his distinct laugh whilst I rub my chest to not die.

I look over after coming down from that episode I just had to see his tall figure walking with me, messy curls as usual at the top of his head and his usual hoodie is replaced with a soft black sweater rolled at his wrists to show off his anchor tattoo with the other small ones that accompany it. His usual light neutral trousers are cuffed at the bottom with his vans that match mine on his feet, that pink carabiner with his keys locked around one of the belt loops. The glimmer of his gold chain peeks out around his neck.

Damn, fuck him for looking good right now.

"Are you kidding me?" I snap and he just smiles at me, watching his dimple pop out on his rosy cheek from the brisk air.

"Thought I'd join you today, just in case." Harry chimes happily as he walks with me. I scoff a little, his features are pale and tired under the dark gray skies.

"Just in case of what?" I snap as he hums, smiling still and it's just making me even more tired of this even though his smile is one that is now etched into my head.

"I don't know, I've stopped making assumptions about you, Ace." He says as I groan, continuing to rub my temple out of frustration.

"You can't stop bothering me for one second?" I snap and he chuckles a little, making me huff a little. I turn down the pavement and he follows like a lost puppy.

"No, I know you enjoy the company anyways." He says, winking with an adorable snicker. I scoff even louder as I look over to see his bottom lip rolled in between his teeth whilst he looks over at me.

He's acting as if our last conversation a few nights ago just didn't happen at all – it's all very frustrating and confusing, hot and cold, just everything all wrapped up in one.

"I don't actually," I tell him and his eyebrows just go up as he finds this all very amusing. I start walking up the stairs to the building for my lecture.