09

" i'm drowning in euphoria "

---

aurora astor. *

God, these last few days have been absolute shit. I couldn't care less about what Harry said, just ignoring the truth to them and pushing the words to the back of my head.

I didn't even go to class, my cold had hit an all-time high and I couldn't even get out of bed from straining myself at that fight. My trash can overflowed with tissues, my body felt like it was overheating and freezing cold at the same time, and my voice practically disappeared – it was great.

Luckily, time was the best healer and after a few days, I started to feel like myself again. My voice is still gone from the coughing fits I had, burying my face into my pillow as my lungs screamed at me.

But staring in the mirror now, my nose isn't so red anymore and I don't look as sickly. Covering up the under of my eyes with concealer as well as the bruising around the cuts on my face, I still have the little butterfly bandage on the cut on my cheekbone but the others are decent enough to just cover with makeup.

I blink mascara into my eyelashes, dabbing blush onto my cheeks to give it the color back, applying eyeliner that wings at the ends, and dark lipstick to call it enough for tonight. I scrunch my fingers through my hair and rub my lips together to spread out the matte lipstick.

Satisfied with myself, I fix my tight black dress. The short dress ending just past my ass and the square neckline accompanied by the thin straps that tie at my shoulders, not even wearing a bra tonight. I didn't even need one, I hardly even have tits and free the nip, I guess.

Turning around, pulling on an oversized jean jacket for the time being because the house party we're going to is going to be packed. Slipping my vans onto my feet and spraying perfume onto my wrist before grabbing my phone and heading out. Locking up as I leave and feeling the cold air already, causing goosebumps to rise on my exposed skin.

Jogging down the stairs, I push open the metal doors and the cold air hits me hard. I glance up to see the running car at the curb. I smile while I pull my jacket on tighter, walking across the sidewalk under the flickering light. I open up the backdoor seat and slide into the warmth. Shutting the door, I scoot to the middle and give them both quick hugs while Lou pulls away from the curb.

"You look hot," Jules smirks as she looks down at my basic dress. I chuckle, shaking my head and looking at her in the tight skirt and cropped shirt.

"Holy fuck, are you kidding? Look at you–" I smile and give her an up and down. My comments only receive a smack to the side of my head as I burst out a laugh.

"Stop flirting with my girlfriend." Lou murmurs and my eyes widen, hearing him drop the label. I look at Jules in amusement and her cheeks heat up a bright blush shade and I laugh it off.

"She was my best friend first, sorry," I tell him and he flips me off whilst he drives. I reach over to the front seat, pulling Lou's smokes out of the cupholder and fish one of the white sticks out. Sticking the filter in between my lips, I feel the back of Jules's hand against my forehead and I glance over at her analyzing my features.

"Feeling better?" She asks and I chuckle, cupping the end while I use Lou's lighter to burn the end, instantly feeling the smoke fill my lungs.

"Mhm," I hum, sitting back as I breathe out and smoke into the back. I let one of the windows down a crack and the cold air fills the car.

"And the cuts?" Jules asks and I shake my head at her whilst she smiles.

"They're fine, Jules, I promise," I reassure her and wrap my lips around the filter of the cigarette. Sucking in the satisfying tobacco smoke, I pull the filter back and hold the smoke in my lungs for a second.