69 *

WARNING: knifeplay and blood involved
read at your own risk!

happy chapter 69 ! it's only fair to do it justice, right?

---

" remember that time i showed up with just panties under my coat? "

---

harry styles. *

I'm about to lose my shit.

It's nearly 9:45 and this fucker is nowhere in sight. I've been staring down at my phone for the past hour, pacing through the kitchen as I nervously rub at my locked jaw.

But her location only reads off that she's here. The little shit left her phone in the studio. I just remember her calling out through the loft that she was going out for smoke from downstairs, just as I was about to get into the shower.

For fuck's sake, I didn't think that entailed her disappearing for hours on end.

I groan out, nearly about to call Griff in search of her while my anxiety just grows by the second. My heart thrashes out of control in the confines of my chest as my finger slips from the number right as the front door lock rattles.

My eyes snap over to it, involuntarily reaching for the switchblade tucked into the back of my deep green plaid pants.

The door swiftly unlocks, and my eyes widen with a harsh scoff the second Ace's head apprehensively peers in.

"Where the fuck were you?" I lacerate my words with meaning, trekking up to her to scan my eyes across every bit of her features to ensure she's not hurt in any way.

She just shuts the door behind her, locking it shut with a fucking laugh. "Hi, sorry, I just took a walk–" she nonchalantly mumbles, and an exasperated groan leaves my lips in disbelief of this motherfucking girl.

I seethe down at her pretty face, just smirking up at me with a mauve shade of lipstick glossed over her inviting lips and it only drives me crazy.

"A fucking walk? You leave your phone here, say you're going out for a goddamn smoke, and then just–" I instantly halt my words in my throat as I realize that everything about my girl is so out of place.

She steps to me with her wavy, natural hair cascading in waves over her shoulders and her dainty, onyx heels that lace up around her ankles clicking on the hardwood flooring coinciding with my pounding heart. The entirety of her foreign nature forces me a step backward, like magnets of the same poles, to drag my eyes down her figure.

My words fall off into oblivion, staring down at someone that isn't the same girl I've grown to know.  "Ace–" I breathe out in obvious confusion, curiously staring down at her wrapped up in a raven trench coat cinched at her waist.

What in the Sherlock Holmes?

But my eyes widen the second I realize that her smooth, toned legs are bare beneath it as the material of her coat falls to her calves. "You okay, babe?" She cooly plays it off with a fucking chuckle under her breath, brushing past me to leave me stammering on words under the confidence.

I have no other choice but to trail after her, tracing every bit of her as if it would magically give me the ability to see through the fabric of the trenchcoat.

She glances over her shoulder, creasing a lopsided grin into her cheeks with the peek back at my compliance. I scoff softly under my breath at the mysterious fabric, "Where'd you go, huh?" My tone borderlines accusatory but it settles to my evident inquisition as I follow her up the stairs.