68

TRIGGER WARNING: mention of child abuse and death

please, remember to put yourself first, you matter more. it's alright to skip past the flashback in this chapter if you need to, it can be overwhelming to read.

---

" i think i'm falling, i'm falling for you "

---

harry styles.

The warm wind sweeps through my hair, gushing through the rolled windows as I drive through the city with a cigarette perched between my lips. Sunglasses shade my eyes from the blinding sun despite it beginning to dwindle into the horizon — the pastel scene nearly looked like something she curated across one of those canvases.

And I recline back in the leather of my car in a rather simple outfit: a plain navy blue graphic t-shirt and usual keys clipped to a hot pink carabiner on the belt loop of my black dickie's with its little white embroidered stars down my comfortably spread legs.

My only intent is to pick up my girl from her routine hours spent locked in her own head at the gym — offering the same safe haven that painting does for her.

Yet, today, she mentioned some bullshit about going to train with Bella which only made me bitterly roll my eyes even as she laughed at my outward jealousy — despite quite literally making her mine, right beside her and Ni.

Hey, I'm not complaining here. I've never been one that's ever been limited when it comes to sex, hell, it's not like I haven't foursomes before that one. I've messed around with guys and girls and I'm okay with it, but the idea of someone else getting a taste of her ... well, that one fucked me up.

Despite the riveting events of the night, engrossed in all kinds of beauty, she still was the only thing I ached for. I ached to be so close to her, our skin molded together like it was meant to be, and my cock buried so deep inside her cunt to ease every voice from my head is like some kind of supernova.

She's my own taste of starlight.

Further proof that I'm lost it, fucked beyond belief by this girl.

An abrupt honk erupts from behind me, startling me to life as I hit the gas at the light without flipping off the dickhead behind me — knowing damn well it's my own fault for losing myself in yet another daydream about her. I take another thick drag of my cigarette in one hand, grasping the wheel in the other as my eyes scan the curb for her familiar figure.

I just catch her in a matching sweatsuit, shadowed by her hood over her dark, nearly-raven hair. From the distance, I watch someone stumble into her before taking off with a man mumbling something to Rory before running off after the girl. She visibly shakes it off, just as I pull over to the curb with a smile now meeting my face the second I set eyes on her.

I dip my head down, "Hey, baby," peeking out the window to catch the glowing smile on her crimson-flushed cheeks while she steps off the curb to slide into my car. "How was it?"

Setting her bag down in the footwell, she finally greets me but with a tap of her own cigarette against mine. Eliciting a snicker from my lips, I shake my head in the slightest while ruffling my hair a bit as I wait for her to draw her seatbelt over her lap.

"Interesting," she coyly smiles with those tempting lips of hers wrapped around the filter, sucking in a thick drag while I make a turn with a single hand.