48 *

" i'm what you need "

---

harry styles. *

My heart steady beats through my chest, baring my skin to the heat encompassing this room vibrating with greedy, bloodlust. My name echoes on the tongues of the crowd, chilling my bones to this hidden part of me aching for blood myself – like some kind of narcotic relief to this fucked up world in my head.

The cage daunts in front of me, and it lights up like clockwork to bring hysterical screams in its wake. I shake my head slightly, ridding the rattled feeling locked in my head these past few days – worrying about things I shouldn't be.

And for some odd, pathetic reason – I wished she was here tonight.

It made this all the worse, knowing I'm far too deep into shit with her – hell, I told her about Cassie.

There's only a handful of people out there that know about my baby sister, the one that lays to rest in the stars because of me, and they are in this very chaotic, crimson-coated space and California.

And now her.

God, I am so fucked.

"Styles!" Bella screams out my name, and a harsh slap to my bare upper back has me snapping right back to reality. The crowd rings back through my ears as I blink a few times, glancing over at my two friends by my side with smiles on their faces.

"Go get 'em, mate," Zayn murmurs, and I shake my head at him as my own genuine smile paints across my face.

Ni gives me a shove, and I shove him right back to force a fit of obnoxious laughter that I could pinpoint in the midst of this crowd in a second. I trek through the doorway, connecting my feet with the gym mats below as my smile falls the second I step into the light.

My name and the way the place rattles with my presence have an arrogant smile tugging upward on my lips.

The door shuts behind me as I glance over at Bella softly smiling at me, and she sends me a wink before ritualistically patting my shoulder with a gentle squeeze before stepping out of harm's way.

I roll out my neck slightly, dragging my eyes to this supposed competition in front of me attempting to intimidate me. My lips twitch up as I run my fingers through my hair with a soft laugh, and I lift my eyes up to the platform out of instinct.

And all the life is knocked out of me the second I see a familiar figure leaning over the railing.

My lips part in shock to the seemingly raven waves of hair cascading to her shoulders, and the radiant tight-lipped smile on her pretty face sends flutters through my system.

My very own juxtaposing angel herself subtly waves to me to draw a breathless laugh from my chest.

A smirk tugs across her face draped in the shadow from the white light above me. Her knuckle gently nudges the tip of her nose, and my heart pinches to the point that my heart begins racing through my chest.

My smile hugs so tightly to my cheeks that I scrunch my nose up, and shake the galaxy of thoughts from my head. And my eyes fall back right to this competition waiting in front of me with a new motive in mind: to get out this fucking ring and get to her.

The countdown vibrates through my bones, and my subtle smile doesn't fade as he stares at me like I'm insane for it. I tighten my fists and listen to the numbers decrease to a halt with hysterical screams shaking the floor.