75

" yeah, missed me with that bullshit "

---

harry styles.

"Shit," I harshly grit out through my clenched teeth, twisting the throttle further to force the engine to roar beneath us while we accelerate through the fresh-water wind exuding in from the docks.

My lungs ache, suddenly heavy under the weight of the adrenaline coursing through me yet I couldn't care less that Ace is nearly suffocating me further with her relentless grip encased around my torso.

My heart pounds against the cage of my ribs, rattling my nerves further yet her own heart sealed against mine seeps a certain warmth through to my skin in utter security.

I speed down the inky pavement, my eyes continuously flickering back to the two daunting slick, onyx-tinted windows mustangs out to kill us, exuding their sinister intent with every roar of their deadly cars. My motorcycle's tumultuous engine rumbles down the hollow of our distant city while I attempt to lose them but it's nearly impossible.

I glance back into my mirrors, blurred with the city lights swirling and blinding the chaos, my eyes catching on the headlights of the two cars gaining traction behind us in the midst of it all.

Her fingers dig into my skin as the wind cuts through against us, raking its agonizing talons across my scalp as I take a sharp left to perceive Rory's brutal curse into my neck at the dip in the balance towards the side.

I curse under my breath at the imminent danger creeping up on us, speeding down the street-light road with more traffic flooding the streets as we pour further into the city and towards the highway.

I take a glance behind me, perceiving the grit of their high-power engines echoing over the wind cutting against my ears. I dip my head down towards her, fully perceiving the green lights glowing over the intersections lined up with cars back to back under the moon's affection.

My lips brush her pierced ear as she grumbles under her breath, "don't look," I murmur over the traffic around us while twisting the throttle towards me to rasp the engine enough to leave her bickering into my body.

"God! Why the fuck would I look, Harry?" She dissonantly grits out into my shirt while my lips cynically curl up as she incessantly curses with her juxtaspoingly smothering hold on me.

My eyes snap to my mirrors, noticing the few feet they've gained up on me and I grit out a vexed swear from my lips. I ease into the middle of the street, cutting through the minuscule space between each direction of traffic on the double-painted lines.

I accelerate, leaning forward a bit to brace against the wind at this unbelievable speed as Ace wearily groans at the alarming sound of blaring horns while the draft gushes against each other while I cut through the middle. The thrill of the chase circuits through me, thriving off the erratic pace of my heart.

With one more hopeful glance behind me, my eyes catch on the two cars now following directly behind me. My eyes snap back upwards to the road before me while my girl clings to me, simply attempting to get the two of us out of here further unscathed.

Our engines cut through the outskirt scene surrounding us, perceiving the light directing traffic onto the highway ramp flash dim yellow over the night streets while too many meters away.

"Damnit," I audibly curse while contradicting speeding up despite the directions. The light paints the intersection red, but I grasp the only hope to lose them as I cut through the crimson intersection to receive a harsh horn.