Kurapika !

Shizuku's PoV

"How was it?" Feitan asks with his usual bored tone.

"I lost, she was quite strong" I sighed.

"That little brat?" He raised his brow.

"Why didn't you use your left hand?" Franklin patted my head.

"She put up her right first, ugh and I really wanted that ring too" I said frustrated.

"Whatever we're already late, let's go" Franklin said.

"And besides we're bandits. we want something, we take it" Feitan followed.

I couldn't do anything but follow them. I looked back at the girl one more time to see her already looking straight at me. I sighed and just kept walking, dejected at my failure.

Timeskip...

It was now 10:30. The auction started 30 minutes ago. All the big shots have made their way to the hotel. We packed it up and decided to call it a day. We made 10 million dollars already. But here's the problem, we still need more money to get greed island. We ended it, as we were walking home. I sighed trying to cook up a new plan when...

"Excuse me" a suspicious looking man said.

"Yes? What do you want?" I said.

"You were the once hosting that show earlier right? How would you like to make ten times that" he smiled.

"Count me in! What do we have to do" I said with shiny eyes.

He explained that we have to come to a ring and basically fight and if we win, we get paid.

"Simple enough, fighting's just right up our alley." I said.

"Let's go already," Killua said, yawning. Nobody had objections so y'all made y'all way to the ring.

At the arena...

We got there and Gon was about to enter the ring first when some guy came from nowhere and called off the fights. Apparently the auction that started just 45 minutes ago had been disrupted. By a group named... The Phantom Troupe. Those were the people Kurapika had been talking about. 'For them to launch an attack on the first day, they're definitely bad news' you thought.

You guys walked out of the arena as you've now taken the job to hunt down the troupe.

"The mafia's amazing, so strong and influential. They're already trying to stop the troupe just minutes after the ambush, ''Leorio said.

"Influential yes, strong no. The fact that they're putting a bounty on their head is basically admitting that they can't handle the troupe, ''Killua explained.

"Yup, great analysis killua" you patted his back. "The troupe has to be extremely dangerous, but we're going to be hunting them regardless". You said.

*ringtone from your phone*

"Hello? Who's this?" you said.

"Eeeeeh!?!? Kurapika!?!?"

At the hotel

11 p.m

"Kurapikaaa!!!" We opened the door to the sight of our former comrade and we swarmed him with hugs.

"Been quite a while, hasn't it guys?" he said, with his normal smile. One that always seems to hold so much sadness within it.

"Yes it has! Also, did you get stronger? You must've learnt of nen too huh'" I asked as I noticed his body naturally wrapped around his aura. 'To have grown so fast ins such a short time, must've been one hell of a training regimen' I thought.

"I can say the same to you guys, especially you Y/N" Kurapika retorted.

"What! So am I the only normal person here? I gotta learn something now!" Leorio screamed and we all laughed at his antics.

We started to talk and catch up, which we did for about 30 minutes. We laughed, joked ,reminisced about old days and talked about each other's experiences when we were apart. But then it hit me. 'Why's kurapika here? Where has he been? And why did he wait till now to call us. He told me on the phone that he needed to speak to me about something urgent. Surely "something urgent" isn't what we're talking about right now. There has to be something else to this meeting'.

I know the end of this chapter felt kinda rushed but it's like 1 am and I have to go, the next one will be longer, I promise. 

So yeah... have a great rest of your day.