𝟚𝟟 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔹𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪

~•~

~•~

Waking up in a different place wasn't anything new for me. I was a rogue, staying in one place for more than a week wasn't safe nor was it even an option to begin with.

But for some reason, waking up the day after returning to my mates territory felt completely different. I woke up and forgot where I was and how I got here, expecting to recognize the sheets and walls of my moms room. Expecting it to all be a dream.

I calmed once I realized that I was nestled between Tyler and Jordan, the windows and balcony doors wide open, letting in the gentle breeze of the morning. The boys had let me know that Sherri and Johnny shared a room together and that he joined the tradition of sleeping on the floor with them every now and then. After I left they said they didn't have the heart to allow the rest of our little group to disperse, upholding our habit of sleeping on the floor on a pile of sheets and pillows.

I sat up from my spot, looking out the window to see the sun peaking up over the trees, the orange tint in the sky revealing that it was quite early in the morning. I gently removed myself from the comfy mess on the floor, smiling down at the sleeping faces of the boys I loved so dearly.

Within the next half hour, I was heading downstairs freshly ready for the upcoming day. For some reason, I couldn't rid of the smile on my face, too caught up in the fresh excitement of being back.

I knew it was much too early for people to be wandering about, though I was slightly relieved at that fact as it meant I got to enjoy the peaceful morning on my own. I was humming the tune of a random Black Sabbath song, nearly rocking out to the music video playing in my head by the time I was downstairs. Just as I was making my way into the kitchen, I realized that someone else was already in it. The person turned around amongst my entrance, eyes full on confusion before they recognized who I was.

"Gray." He nodded, demeanor slightly shaken by my unexpected arrival. "Caleb told me they found you. I'm glad to see you back in one piece."

"Yeah." I replied breathlessly, unsure on how to act around him. "It's good to see you, Colin."

Colin nodded once more, body stiff as he leaned against the counter, silence heavy in the air as we both fidgeted unsurely. I looked around the empty room, analyzing the bowls of dough, flour, fruit and many other ingredients. A pie pan sat on the counter, a memory replaying in my head of a conversation I had with my mate just a couple days ago. I smiled softly, nodding to myself.

"Who's birthday is it?" I asked lightheartedly.

Colin looked back at the pie pan sitting behind him, a small smile making its way onto his lips as his eyes softened sadly. "Beth's."

Realization washed over me in seconds, a frown overtaking my lips as I realized what this meant for both Colin and Caleb. "I'm so sorry."

Colin nodded, swallowing harshly as his eyes filled with tears, now looking into the distance. "Me too."