𝟙𝟝 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕞𝕡𝕥𝕪 𝕊𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕖

~•~

~•~

Today was the day Johnny and his mate Sherri, would have their mating ceremony.

Like every time a mating ceremony was commenced, the pack was vibrant and full of high energy as people bustled throughout the territory either cooking, setting up the reception, or dressing for the occasion.

A mating ceremony was very similar to what humans called 'weddings'. Though weddings I've heard take far longer to plan, cost money and happen much farther into the relationship. For mates, their being's are designed to complete each other, waiting was considered unnecessary.

Growing up in a pack meant I had been to hundreds and hundreds of mating ceremonies. The tradition was always the same and it was always an honor to be asked to participate in one. Hence why when Johnny asked me to be one of his Cavaliers, I was completely ecstatic.

Cavalier's are either a close friend or family member of the wed, meant to be representative of witness and support of the kinship. It was considered an honor to be asked to be a Cavalier. It meant your relationship with the requester was pure and true.

"Need some help with that?" I chuckled as I walked into my room to see a mess of clothes scattered all over the floor, a frustrated Johnny and Tyler standing before the mirror. Johnny turned to me in relief, the crooked tie on his neck making me giggle as I made my way towards him, taking it into my hands.

"Thank God." Johnny cried. "These idiots don't know how to do anything!"

"You're not even supposed to be dressing that fancy." Tyler rolled his eyes, flopping down on my bed beside a silent Jordan.

Jordan was still torn up over Lance's departure, as were the rest of us. The feel of our group was different now that one of us was gone. We still loved each other all the same and stayed connected every day, but without Lance, a part of us was missing.

"I know, but I want to look good. You only have one mating ceremony in your life." Johnny turned to the mirror as soon as I finished fixing his lavender tie, checking himself out shamelessly. "Besides, I saw one of those human weddings in that vampire movie and I want me and Sherri to have a celebration that special."

Johnny shot me a quick thanks, giving me a brotherly kiss on the head as he rushed to my bathroom to fix his hair. I chuckled at his antics, rolling my eyes as I sat between Tyler and Jordan.

"How are you holding up, kid?" I wondered, grabbing his hand as he sat stiffly.

"I'm okay." Was all he said, making me frown at the saddened look on his face.

Deciding I didn't want us to dwell on the obvious reason for his lack of excitement, I pulled him so we were both standing up, grinning as I placed my hands on his shoulders.