𝟙𝟛 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔹𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕖𝕥 𝕊𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖

~•~

~•~

"Enjoying the sun?"

My eyes remain trained on the clouds above, though the tension in my muscles and the uncontrollable race of my heart did nothing to hide the effect he had on me. I grasped a handful of leaves, crumbling them within my fingers as I let out a shaky breath.

"Enjoying the silence."

My voice hung in the air amidst the thick coat of peace, his enticing smell making it impossible to resist looking toward him any longer. I stood from my place on the forest floor, wiping dirt and leaves off of myself as I turned to him.

There he was in all of his glory. My beautiful mate.

His dark eyes bore into me, large frame impossibly still as he studied me carefully. He was clad in a pair of jeans and a black v-neck, muscled arms and prominent pecks making it impossible to keep myself from letting my gaze wander up his form.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" I managed to choke out, my hands tangled behind me as I tried to direct my attention away from his intimidatingly attractive being. The slightest hint of amusement gleamed within his eyes, a dry chuckle escaping his lips.

I haven't seen him since days ago when he came and visited me at the packhouse in the middle of the night. And now here he was, standing before me in the light of day.

"Your Mother was the Alpha of the Bloodlust Pack."

I froze in place, suddenly realizing what he had been up to the past few days.

He had been digging into my history.

"Your father was killed before you were born." He continued. "After your pack was overtaken, you went rogue."

He took a step closer each time, his scent becoming stronger and the invisible force tying the both of us together only electrifying with every step. His eyes stayed locked on mine as he towered over me, studying my reactions to his words.

"All common knowledge." Was all I could manage to reply with.

My mate nodded, tilting his head curiously as I shifted anxiously in my place, the tough persona I was fighting to uphold beginning to waver.

"There's something holding you back from accepting me." He spoke firmly, deep voice resonating throughout the clearing as he finally stopped in place, the both of us now toe to toe.

His body just inches from mine made my hands tighten behind my back in attempt to keep myself from giving into temptation and burying myself into him. The combination of his close proximity and his overbearingly addicting scent made him harder and harder to resist.

"Tell me what it is so I can help you."

This time his eyes were soft as he reached up to grasp my face, his touch on my skin immediately chipping away at my resistance. I shut my eyes, the addictive feeling of falling into the natural pull quickly turning my limbs to mush. My wolf whimpered, savoring the blissful touch of our other half. The resolve I had spent my entire life building was begging to crumble, but I couldn't to let it.