𝟚𝟙 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕠𝕞𝕒𝕟

~•~

~•~

Standing before the forest looking into the abyss of darkness shadowed by looming trees, she stirred nervously. The sun hung low in the sky, ready to disappear behind the moon and kiss the day goodbye. She hadn't much daylight left.

She needed to act fast.

She took a deep breath, hushing her wolf from arguing with her any further. Her wolf thought they'd be safer if she was in control, but Gray knew the woman she was coming to see wasn't one to be reckoned with. She had tricks up her sleeve that Gray couldn't predict, she had to be agile and sharp enough to counteract whatever defensive measures the woman put in place.

The woods were gloomier than she was used to it being. The trees seemed to frown, the leaves dreary and fragile like. Even the sky was dulled from its usual vibrant blue, an eerie gray sitting in its place. The clouds gave her limited light, though her enhanced vision gave her advantage.

As she walked deeper into the sea of trees, her feet maneuvering over endless rocks and dead leaves, she felt herself finally reach a point of leveled ground. She carefully studied the trail she's stumbled upon, the pebbles surrounding the outer ways of the path making it clear that someone intended for it to be used. By who, she wasn't sure.

She held up her palms, the familiar tingle echoing up her spine and creeping up her fingertips. There were hardly any living beings to sense around her, merely just the body heat of harmless small animals. But there was one in particular that she could feel just a ways from the trail. The same sort of tingle she could feel only from one certain supernatural creature.

She found her.

Gray contained her sigh of relief, not wanting to get entangled in a false sense of hope. She instead let out a shaky breath, straightening her back as she willed all sense of hesitance fade.

And then she was on her way.

Each step forward felt like another step backward, no amount of speed walking or jogging, or running could ease this rising sense of anxiety within her. She wanted answers and she wanted them now. She couldn't relax unless she got them.

Keeping a sharp ear out, her eyes roamed every inch of land before her. She still had her hand held out beside her, feeling for any unwanted company that could possibly find her.

It wasn't long before the scenery began to shift.

The shady trees soon loomed into ones with larger trunks and longer leaves. Her path started to narrow greatly, the distance between the trees lessening as the world began to shrink around her. Color started to slowly pop up around her in form of flowers and vibrant mushrooms. The flowers and mushrooms were abnormally large, the trees nearly double the size she was used to as she pushed herself further into the forest. Her path got narrower and her fear only increased tenfold as it seemed all of the plants began to move and stare at her as she passed.