𝟚𝟘 - 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕆𝕟𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔾𝕠𝕠𝕕𝕓𝕪𝕖

~•~

~•~

At least get up and eat.

I merely blinked at the worried tone in my wolf's voice, shutting my eyes to try and go back to sleep.

You think I'm gonna let you go back to sleep for the 3rd time today?

I ignored my wolf, counting leaves and breathing in and out in a timely fashion to ease myself back into slumber.

It's not happening, you think I don't have the capability to annoy you to death? Cause I do and I will.

Please do. I retorted with an internal eye roll. Existing is getting annoying anyway.

Get off your ass or I'll annoy you until you do.

I screwed my eyes shut, cuddling into my Mom's blanket even deeper as I forced my mind into silence so I could sleep. I mostly wanted to prove a point to my wolf but I also couldn't find it in me to leave the comfort of my Mom's bed.

Gray, I'm giving you 5 seconds. My wolf warned impatiently.

I pretended to snore to aggravate her more, though I knew it was impossible to trick her into thinking I was actually sleeping.

5.

Snore.

4.

Snore.

3.

Snore.

2....

Snore.

...1...

Do you remember that one time when Jake kissed you on the jungle gym and you accidentally pushed him off and he broke-

I immediately shot up, the memory flashing through my head being one that I refused to recall.

I'm up, I'm up, damnit. I growled to my wolf in irritation, now fully awake and rid of all sense of drowsiness.

It had been a couple of weeks since I found the corpses behind the daycare and I hardly left my bed, much less my house since. I'd grieved over the loss of my pack but I never thought I'd actually come across their bodies, or at least I hoped I never would. I felt like I was reliving the day I lost them over and over again.

I had spent the 2 years of being a rogue with the boys grieving over the loss of all of my fellow pack members and grieving losing my Mom along with them. The first year was an endless cycle of nightmares, waking up screaming in one of the boy's arms or even crying along with them when we all recalled what made us into rogues. I spent days reminiscing about my old life and everyone I lost and spent nights crying curled up in a ball, asking the universe why it decided to take everyone I loved.