chapter : twenty-one

yoongi definitely did not think this was how tonight would go. she's crying because she was just as scared as him when beginning this friendship. to think. he thought he was the only one who had no idea how this was going to work.

to think, she really doubted him. but he definitely gave her reason to. he acted like he didn't want to do anything with her and only because he doesn't want to let his guard down too much. but his walls have been breaking down like they do with taehyung and he's been letting her in. he's spoken to her the most he has ever tonight and has smiled and laughed more than he has in a while.

this wrong note in the melody that is his life was transforming the song into something sweeter and he never apologized for being so rude the first time they met. he almost did at the karaoke place but he wasn't trying to ruin the mood. but he had his reasons, ones he wishes not to share with her just yet, in fact he'd been ignoring their messages all night, but he never apologized for making her feel the fear she does now.

maybe it wasn't just him. maybe someone in her life left her as well but he was here, and he promised to be her friend so he should act like it an apologize.

he just couldn't believe he made her cry. he doesn't know how to deal with a crier. but it's okay. he'd guess that he'd learn.

he sighed and eventually followed her, staying outside and waiting until she got out.

when he spotted raena, she saw him and tried to run off covering her face with her hair and hat. but he gently placed his hand on her shoulder to prevent her.

"are you really trying to leave me? you can't just cry and leave a guy flustered in the middle of the store," yoongi joked trying to light the mood.

"you're flustered?" raena asked, sniffling. she peeked through her hair, "by me?" she winked.

yoongi scoffed, "ew? no n-not like that. i'm saying i don't do well with people crying and—you know, i'm trying to make you feel better, and you're not helping."

raena erupted in a laugh. "you're so funny yoongi."

yoongi felt his own spirits lifted at those words. "raena. i'm sorry."

raena removed the hair from her face and locked eyes with him. "you already said you were sorry."

"no, i mean from the day i met you and what happened after that. i wasn't exactly too nice. i called you idiot lots of times in my head and i know you're not an idiot. i'm cranky when i'm tired among other things which is no excuse. i thought that i would be the one tolerating all the things i do, but honestly you had to tolerate me too. i'm really sorry, raena."

raena's eyes watered again. "can i hug you?"

yoongi's heart leaped as his eyes widened, "um, well, i think so—"

she immediately embraced him in a hug. her head fitting right on the crook of his neck and his in hers. yoongi got his second hug. the happiness she felt from that hug made her cry even more to the point where she stained yoongi's shirt once again.

"yoongs?" she mumbles.

"hmm?"

"imma need to buy you another shirt." he pulled away and examined the tears on his back.

"really raena? keep your liquids inside of you please."

"that sounds wrong. can we go before this gets weirder?"

"yeah."