chapter : three

"jeongguk," raena knocked on her twin's door hoping to get a response from him. he's been shutting himself recently and it made her kind of worried, especially after his tired voice on the call last night . It's been years since she had to deal with her twin shutting her out and it was an experience that made her fear it, but something was wrong and she wasn't going to let him. she's a talkative person, and it was clear she didn't like being ignored.

when he finally got up to answer the door he rubbed his eyes and asked a lazy "what?"

raena ignored his attitude and asked,"are you okay? aren't you supposed to be at work?

jeongguk shrugged and mumbled an "i'm sick."

"jeon what is going on?" she asked, hands crossed as she gave her brother a weird look.

jeongguk rolled his eyes, "nothing. now go away." and with that he slammed the door to her face.

she frowned as she sadly looked at the door. she needed to find a way to ignite something in him again and be her brother, her twin again. if her brother shuts her out, all she would have left would be her only other friend, taehyung.

she ran her hand through her hair. this really wasn't how she wanted to spend her few minutes she had before she would get going for her morning babysitting.

stomping, she headed to the living room and grabbed her coat with her bus card inside to head to the kids she was babysitting. they were brother and sister around 4 and 7 names seohyun and jisoo. raena became friends with their older brother taehyung when she first became their baby sitter a 2 months ago. why'd their older brother wouldn't take care of them is also because his music career had been taking up too much of his time. plus, he always falls alseep when he watches cartoons with them.

afterwards she'd watch over jane's play date at a different house.

humming, she skipped out the house making sure to grab her purse from the couch. she exited the house with a skip in her step. raena was definitely more energized than last night and that was a good thing. it usually meant a good day awaits her.

suddenly she heard the sound of a bus as she reached the curb of her street. her eyes widened and she ran as if her life depended on it.

"no no no no no."

the wind blew her hair behind her, making it easier to see as she pushed past the street and all the walking civilians. the bus's door opened and a crowd of people began stepping in one by one.

in the midst of her sprinting, she spotted a certain dark haired-someone.

the guy from the bus!

"hey! you!" she yelled, sprinting even faster. yes I knew I would find somehow see him again! the guy paid no attention to her, figuring she meant someone else and stepped into the bus.

sprinting like her life depended on it, she was on time and scanned her card after quickly fishing it out of her coat. she was lucky she remembered to bring it today. sending a sheepish smile to the driver, raena bowed then let her eyes roam the bus until she caught him.

he was in the same position as he was before; eyes trained on his phone. this time he was bobbing his head to what raena assumed was music.

she beamed and quickly walked to the empty seat on the window.

he looked up this time and rolled his eyes immediately at her smiling face.

"how come you don't sit on the window seat?" raena asked curiously.

the stranger pretended not to hear by tapping his foot on the floor along with his music.

i could have sworn he heard me. raena frowned and took it upon herself to tap his shoulder slightly.