chapter : one

"home is far away~," jeon raena sang on her journey to the bus stop as she did every time she had a night shift. she swayed her roller skates in her hands as she walked, being careful not to hit anyone.

the epik high song had been in her head for quite a time. it had easily become her go to song to sing when she felt lost in thoughts. at the moment, all she could think about was her boss. her handsome boss...who hated her.

kim seokjin, the handsome chef at the go go restaurant, hated her. at least she thought he did. he always ordered her to do the ugliest jobs of all.

but it wasn't just that. it was the way he ordered her "do the dishes", "sweep the floor-i don't care if you already did it do it again!", "mop the floor", "scrape the gum out", "clean my office!" he looked so threatening but extremely good looking at the same time. he gave her such looks.

puh-lease. like there aren't any other employees around.

raena was sure he hated her because she was younger than all the staff. people always pick on the baby of the group, right? but that isn't enough to yell at her all the time.

it's not like she doesn't work hard. having 3 part time jobs doesn't exactly say slacking. oh well, she had to stay positive. maybe one day he won't not like her and will like-like her.

yawning, she found the bus stop and sat down. she rubbed her eyes with her free hand, hoping to prevent herself from falling asleep. she decided to call her brother. her twin brother, jeongguk.

raena reached in the pocket of her apron that she had decided to stay in to wash at her apartment she shared with her brother later, and fished out her phone. she pouted when she saw his id had appeared on her screen.

jeongguk my ugly brother was calling her. she usually had to call him first recently, he barely ever answered.

"hello?"

"the mother of that little girl, jane , you're babysitting called the house phone," his tired voice came.

"oh yeah?" she asked waiting for him to get to the point.

"umm...oh yeah—sorry i'm sleepy—she said her daughter will be having friends over for a play date. she'll pay you double time if you take care of that while she has the day to herself. she'll call you again to discuss details," her brother explained. shuffling was heard from his side and she could only guess he was in bed. he must have been tired from work.

raena gasped at the offer, "that's great! oh my goodness that means more kids and more money!"

"are you being sarcastic?" jeongguk asked on the verge of laughing. he always used to his sister's shouting and excitement about things but he could never tell if she meant it or not.

"shut up. more money less problems, more kids, less problems" raena laughed.

"sure, one of these days you're gonna crack and i'm gonna say 'i told you so' and you're gonna say 'oh jeongguk you were right all along, children are annoying and i should've listened to your wise words-'"

raena rolled her eyes and hung up on the older twin like she always did when he got annoying. she loved kids and no one could tell her otherwise. she would never get tired of them. the idea of tired made her yawn again, reminding her of her long day of work. ugh work. ugh seokjin.

raena still couldn't shake the fact that seokjin hated her. the looks he gave her. raena shuddered. but there was a part of her that still cherished their every interaction. everyday it had been the same. everyday she'd make him mad, he'd roll his eyes or say something mean, but she'd like him anyways. anyone who cared about her could see that was ridiculous.

a gust of wind hit raena's face and she shivered even more.

"ugh, i hate the cold," she mumbled as she lay her skates on her lap. she regretted not bringing her coat almost immediately. she rolled her eyes when she realized it was her own brother who told her to bring a coat today for work and she didn't listen. she constantly forgets!

finally the bus arrived and it was then she realized she was the only one in the bench but there were lots of people on the bus. she got up, shaking and entered the bus, fishing for coins in her pocket to put in. once she put it in, her eyes roamed the bus for a seat. she pouted when she couldn't find an empty two-seater. she found an empty seat but it was sadly next to someone.

it's not that she didn't like socializing. she loves to actually, she was just really tired and wanted a seat to herself to prevent herself from speaking to someone.

nevertheless, she dragged her tired feet to the seat. the window seat. the guy there was focused on his phone to even notice her pass through. she sat down with a sigh and dropped her roller skates to the floor with a loud bang.

the guy next to her jump and she received looked from elders in front. raena whispered an apology to each to apologize and mumbled a sorry to the guy next to her.

"sorry," she mumbled with a sheepish grin.

he simply nodded and went back to his phone. he seemed annoyed but she couldn't tell. she couldn't see his face due to the dark hair that covered his eyes. she wanted to start a conversation with the young guy, and cursed the bus for not having an empty two seater when her first instinct was to speak with him. but she had begun to close her eyes, saving her from any conversation. before finally falling asleep she hummed the last words to the sung she had been singing to herself. she didn't even realize how her head slid onto the shoulders of the guy next to her.

__