chapter : twenty

while raena played video games on the bookstore's computer, yoongi read books about music theory. the next hour had been spending their independent time doing their own things.

yoongi went on to read poems to inspire his song writing process. some of the most profound things almost brought his to tears. he has sit in a corner and removed his hat to see his view of the dark sky outside better. no one would bother him if he shed a tear or two. he hasn't cried in a long time, and you knew the words he was reading were intense if after all this time he finally shed a tear. but he didn't. he simply wrote his notes into his phones note pad to remember for later.

the quiet, despite his own song playing throught his headphones, was nice. after hearing music so loud and eating so much food the quiet was liberating. he's used to quiet but a certain someone has brought noise into his life. it's like when he's playing the piano and it's a smooth melody but he accidentally presses on the wrong key , the wrong note. the thought sounded poetic to him that he almost wrote it down in his notes but he realized he compared that someone to an unwanted note, a wrong key. he shook his head of his rather rude thought.

he then told himself to think about it like this: the song was better after he included the wrong note. his eyes widened at this realization and smiled to himself.

the wrong note herself had moved on to the music section filled of arrays of vinyl records, cds, and a listening station to hear samples of some iconic songs. she immediately ran to the listening station and placed the headphones on to listen to 30 seconds of jazz, 30 seconds of pop, 30 seconds of r&b. she likes noise and enjoyed the music in her ears, bopping along to them.

after yoongi almost found himself nodding asleep, he wiped his eyes, put the book away and headed downstairs to leave. his mind had been so invested in his reading, he forgot the time. it had almost been 12:30 now. he should get home.

raena bopped and popped and locked into someone as they were coming doing the stairs near her. she removed her headphones quickly and shouted an apology. she noticed the dark haired boy with headphones in his ears, then his direction towards the exit. her gut dropped. every doubt about him starting flowing into her brain just like earlier.

he didn't want to be friends. he's leaving me. he's tired with me.

she felt almost hyperventilated. she stopped. "no no, i'm not letting him walk away." she put the headphones back and ran away from the music section towards the dark haired boy rubbing his eyes. she reached for his arms and grabbed it, pulling him back towards her. his eyes were wide in shock at the person in front of him until he finally recognized her. the unwanted note. he removed his headphones and hit himself in the head with his hand.

"i completely forgot i was here with you."

raena's eyes widened. "you—" thank God "forgot about me?"

yoongi ran a hand over his face when he realized what that sounded like, "no no—well, yeah i did. i got sleepy from reading and then i slept a-and i forgot where i was and then who i was with. i'm sorry."

raena beamed at him, "that's okay! i just thought...well nevermind. that's okay."

"no i'm sorry raena," yoongi apologIzed. "did you think i left willingly?"

again those butterflies whenever he said her name, so weird. "yeah i know it's crazy i-i just got scared. the first times we met you were trying to leave i just...didn't want that to happen again. you know, because we're friends now," raena confessed. when her throat hitched, she internally yelled at herself for almost crying.

yoongi's eyes flash between hurt and sorry. "i-i...look when we met i didn't mean to run away from you—"

raena jokingly scoffed, "—breaking rule number 2. no lying."

yoongi sheepishly scoffed, "okay, yeah i didn't want to see you again the first time but i told you that i'm willing—no i want to be...friends with you."

"i'm not really liking the way you said friends." raena said quietly, raising a brow.

"oh come on, i'm not just saying it to say it." that was true. he had meant it but saying it out loud was weird to him. he was too prideful in the moment to admit it.

raena sighed and nodded quickly to redeem herself "i know i know! i just keep doubting you in my head and that's not fair of me not to believe you. i'm just—you forgetting just scared me. i know you didn't mean to. it's just the thought of it."

"raena, i'm not some mean guy, i can't believe that you really doubt me about keeping my promise. i'm not a quitter."

"i know you're not mean. i told you that!"

"so then why are you so startled right now?"

raena sighed heavily as she felt herself panic. she was being unreasonable. she felt tears roll down her cheeks and she tried fanning them away with her hands as she spoke. "i just am having a lot of fun with you and i don't want you to leave." she could feel the eyes of passing customers on her and she mumbled to yoongi that she'd be right back and ran off into the bathroom to hide.

"wait—" he called out to her, reaching his hand out but she had already left.

shoot.