chapter : six

"i'm so sorry that i dropped the plate! i was just trying to have some small talk with the little kid. his parents were fighting and i didn't want him to see them, you know!" raena explained to her boss, seokjin, as he gave her narrowed eyes.

see he hates me.

but he's so handsome.

seokjin put his hands on his hips. ooh i like that look.

"you aren't supposed to be speaking with customers anyways. i told you to wash the dishes!" he yelled, making raena flinch.

"but seulgi was already doing them. and you told me to be waitress until lana comes back," raena defended. she internally shook her head at him, wondering if he notices that she knows that he's just coming up with excuses to yell at her.

"well remind me to never make you a waitress," he clicked his tongue, then shook his head. he wet his plump lips and gave her a final order. "do the dishes! then count the equipment. we need inventory checked."

"but-"

"now." he said with a stern face. 

raena groaned then dragged her feet out of his office.

"why are the handsome people such jerks?" raena whispered under her breathe. she suddenly remembered yoongi and shook her head. "never mind, even ugly people are jerks. you know what? everyone's a jerk! well, not taehyung or his siblings, they're nice. ooh and-- oh wait i think that's all the people i know besides my brother, who is obviously a jerk..."

seokjin's ears perked up at what she said.

"raena?"

at the sound of her name coming from his lips, raena pauses and turned around slowly and walked into the office, scared he was going to yell again.

he sat down in his chair, looking sophisticated.

"hm?" she asked, playing with her fingers.

"did you just indirectly call me handsome?" seokjin asked, a smirk hanging from his lips.

raena's eyes widened at the sight. she felt her hands shake, her cheeks warm, and she bit back a grin.

oh my gosh he's smirking at me! i've only read this in books.

"umm...yes?" she slowly said, pinching the fabric of her apron to hold her smile.

seokjin let out a chuckle and quickly got up. he took slow steps towards a frozen raena and stood a few inches from her. he leaned forward, and whispered in her ear.

"calling me handsome isn't going to lessen the work you have here," he whispered. "nice try."

seokjin pulled away, looked her in the eye. raena darted her eyes immediately away from his and instead focused on the wall behind him.

oh my gosh, i can't even right now.

seokjin noticed how she avoided his stare. he broke his gaze and walked back to his seat. he waved a shook raena away and exclaimed, "get back to work!"

__

"hey yoongi!" raena exclaimed as she caught sight of yoongi entering the bus. despite yesterday's events at taehyung's house, she was going to make it her mission to be friends with him.

the tired boy almost turned at the sound of his name but stopped abruptly and quickly jumped inside. he hurried to the back of the empty bus and cursed under his breathe.

watch her sit next to me-oh no, here she comes, he thought as his knee bounced up and down nervously. he did not have time for this. he was tired after spending the night awake, writing the song for tae. he had no problem with it, but that didn't shake the fatigue away from him.