chapter : twenty-two

for the next hour or so, they spent their time at a 24 hour gym. jeongguk has friends there so raena and yoongi were about to hang out there without needing a subscription.

raena was the only one actually doing anything. she was squatting, lunging, burpeeing and all that fun stuff just to show off to yoongi. her attire wasn't exactly helping her.

"yoongs use your legs come on. get those glutes looking good," raena exclaimed at yoongi who was sitting on a machine staring at her like she was crazy.

"you're embarrassing me raena."

"you are embarrassing me. a gym buddy who doesn't want to gym. and you're not even being my cheerleader," raena laughed. "you could at least lift a weight or two. what can you lift, like 5 pounds?"

yoongi resisted the urge to laugh, "you just won't stop, huh?"

raena shook her head and stopped her movements. "how about take a shower? that should be fun right? i can get you some extra clothes so you aren't in that boring outfit all night. we have a couple 7 hours to go until i usually wake up."

a shower actually sounded good to yoongi. he took her up on her offer and received a pile of clothes from jeongguk's friend.

"what are you going to do?"

"workout of course! get all the guys looking my way and stuff."

yoongi rolled his eyes, "bye."

raena in fact did not continue working out. she was asked to sit on someone's back while they did push ups but she was all worn out. thank God her wet eyelashes had dried by now so it didn't look like she had cried. she wasn't necessarily embarrassed that she cried in front of yoongi but more that she revealed to him that she didn't want him to leave which was obvious but she didn't want him to get the wrong idea either.

unfortunately no guys looked her way (though that was just a joke). made sense since her shirt was driving them away. except for one guy who thought it was funny. he would occasionally glance at her and smile at her shirt. he took it upon himself to approach her while she was sitting on a leg machine.

"hey you," he said with an attractive smile.

raena looked up expecting yoongi for some reason even though she knew that was not his voice. after seeing the guy's face, her jaw dropped.

there he was. the most beautiful person she has ever laid eyes on. just as her eyes were taking in everything from his face as if to to keep it in her eyes forever, a large hand waved over her face.

she blinked at backed up against the machine, knocking her bucket hat forward so it covered her eyes.

a deep chuckle startled her. "you okay?" he asked.

"yep! just a little blinded, you have really nice...teeth," raena beams.

"nice. so do you," he laughs like she said the most ridiculous thing. "what are you doing here at this time. doesn't seem like you're working out. do you just like to watch people?"

"oh no! i mean the view is pretty great, but i'm here with a friend pulling an all nighter and spending the entire night doing things for free! well as many things as we can anyways, i left my phone at work."

"that's pretty cool. where's your friend?"

"just taking a shower," raena nodded, fixing her hat.

"oh," the guy's eyes widened, "shouldn't you be in the lockers with her? sometimes there are creeps here. usually there's a lookout while the other showers."

raena's mouth opened in confusion. then she realized he thought yoongi was a girl. "oh, no worries! she's fine—i mean, he's fine. it's a guy, my friend. but that's so cool of you to be concerned."

i'm liking this guy more and more.

the guy sighed in relief and smiled. "that's good."

there was a silence between them that prompted raena to bite her lip in nervousness. why is this so awkward. i'm usually so smooth!

"if you want to do something fun with your friend, you could rent a bike or scooter but you said you were trying to have a cost-free night, so now I'm not so sure if that's a good idea," he recommended sheepishly.

raena's eyes widened, "no that's a great idea! thanks for telling me."

he chuckled, "no problem, so um... what's you're name?"

"raena, and yours?"

"sunghoon," he smiled.

"cool," raena nodded. unsure of where the conversation was going, she avoided his gaze and attempted to hide under her bucket hat.

"uh, so," sunghoon clears his throat. "i have to finish my workout but i have lots of cool ideas just like that one so maybe we can exchange numbers?"

raena hid a smile and nodded rather quickly. desperate much? raena calm down!

he chuckles and hands her his phone. she types in her number and types a quick message to herself. when she gives it back she reminds him she doesn't have her phone at the moment with a pout.

"oh right, what a bummer," he responds with his head cocked to the side. with a swift movement he types something on his phone and sends her a message.

"wha—" she starts noticing he was texting her.

"i guess you'll have to find out what i said when you get your phone back." he winks and starts to walk backwards with a grin.

raena resisted the urge the giggle at the cliche way he was walking out of the conversation when yoongi was making his way towards her. by then sunghoon was gone.

"yo," yoongi said to make his presence known.

raena jumped from her seat, hitting her head against the handles of the machine she was sitting on.  with an aching head she looked at the direction of his voice. her eye's widened at the sight before her. dangg.

yoongi's dark hair was damp with a towel around his neck to support the falling drops of water that sneaked its way to his oversized grey shirt with its stylistic rips and tears here and there. his baggy black jeans reached his dark converse that were also wet from the shower's floor, making a squeaky sound when he approached raena in concern. 

"are you okay?"

raena sucked in her breathe at the closeness of him as he approached the machine  to get a closer look. he smelled like soap.

"pffft!" she scoffs with a nervous chuckle and exits the machine to get away from him. "i'm good, you know me i'm kinda invincible i get hurt all the time. you just scared me. we should put a bell on you or something!"

yoongi rolled his eyes playfully knowing she was okay and used his towel to tap the droplets falling on his forehead.

meanwhile raena mentally slapped herself in the face to get a grip. calm down raena, you just had an amazing interaction with a very good looking man, then yoongi appeared so of course by association, your brain is reacting in this way to yoongi! so GET A GRIP.

"um..." yoongi asked, "can we go now? it's getting super hot in here and i just showered."

raena's face visibly reddened as she turned around to face him with a sheepish smile.  it sure is getting hot in here. "absolutely yoongles toodles let's go! i have an idea for our next adventure but we have to go to a place you might be dreading...my job."

--