chapter : twelve

taehyung had been practicing his singing at the karaoke bar, hours before he would be performing. because not every person at the bar who participates in karaoke have the angelic deep voice that taehyung has, not many come to hear people off key and screeching songs while being drunk. Sure, some people come for exactly that, but most people come to hear taehyung. he came in one night feeling upset about his lack of gigs that he was singing a sad song. The owner of the bar was there that night and offered him a job there. it keeps the people entertained by his enchanting voice and pretty face.

especially the girl he liked who worked at the bar. for the first time, she was working earlier at the bar as he practiced.

now taehyung is a bit of a coward. not only is he oblivious to his secret admirers, partly because he doesn't believe there were/are any, but if he likes someone he doesn't approach them until he's got a plan to wow them. when he does, he would try the biggest gesture he could to let them know. problem is the last time he did that, the girl didn't even realize the gesture was about her. and then the time before that in highschool the girl punched him in the face for trying. how she didn't get expelled or suspended, he didn't know.

but before he could approach her, he needed to impress her. he broke his gaze on her and shook his head. humming, he walked over to the laptop on a small pedestal so he could choose the next song to practice. he particularly wanted a song that explained their situation and perhaps get her attention. he fell upon a song titled, "serendipity" by park jimin. the name startled him as he recalled his former friend from highschool. the last time he had seen him was when got picked up from school one day to become a trainee and move schools
and he was never seen again.

taehyung bit his tongue with distaste at the memory. it wasn't all too long ago when taehyung, yoongi, jimin and the others were a group of the best friends. dreams of going big but fighting over which direction to take. it looks like jimin became an idol.

taehyung skipped over the song having not knowing the words or melody but upset that the title had perfectly summed up what he and the girl at the bar had. a happy coincidence to have met here every time.

he sighed in frustration as he tried to look for another song until he looked up and noticed the girl was no longer there.

"aw man," he pouted.

__

"who the hell would want to steal your shoes?" yoongi questioned shortly after the two found out raena's shoes were missing.

"ew stop saying hell. and they are in good condition. i could see why." raena argued with a shrug. "i'll just walk with socks."

yoongi shook his head at his new friend and glanced across the street at a small shop. they were bound to have sandals she could use.

raena sat down on the bus seat and frowned. i should have never left my converse here.

"I can't handle this anymore. i'll be back," yoongi announced and quickly crossed the street and entered the store. he zoomed past different aisles of a random things until he found a small container with different size sandals. he glanced up at the window to look across the street at raena who sat with her feet swinging on the bench. he shrugged. "maybe a size 7 or 8."

yoongi picked up a pair of black sandals of a size 7 and went to line to pay for it. after paying and bowing a goodbye  to lady at the counter, he left and crossed to street to be greeted by raena.

"ooh what do you got there?" she teased, curiously looking at the bag.

yoongi sat next to her and threw her the bag which she thankfully caught and didn't say a word.