chapter : seventeen

"so, i'm really sorry about all of that. i think i was being dramatic for no reason. i should have let you go home and we can just hang out tomorrow," raena explained, walking along side yoongi in the park.

"not it's fine, it's the rule. plus i'm not a quitter," yoongi explained. he was still thinking about their hug. it may not seem like a big deal to anyone but the last person who gave him a hug he hasn't seen in a while and he missed the feeling. in fact, he wishes he would somehow get the opportunity to hug raena again, though he's scare to admit it. he didn't even realize how much he needed it and it's scientifically proven to make someone feel better.

"are you sure, yoongs?" raena asked, kicking a pebble with her toe. she had taken off her skates after she recalled their last incident in the park, and after grumbling yoongi expressed he didn't like the height her skates added to her. it made yoongi seem shorter than her and they are the same height.

"yeah, while i was sitting there i was actually thinking of pulling an all-nighter."

"an all-nighter? that's crazy. i have never done that before," raena's eyes were wide in surprise but also impressed that yoongi has done it before. explains his sleepiness.

yoongi offered her a small smile, the moon twinkling in his eyes, "well...maybe this could be our first hangout? an all-nighter...unless you have work in the morning?"

"i actually don't have work tomorrow at all actually," raena shrugged. "which means my phone and stuff will be in the restaurant for tomorrow until i come back to work."

"don't worry, you probably won't need it for now," yoongi said with a shrug.

raena raised a brow at him, "ooh how mysterious. i'm in! let's do this! what do we do first?" she stopped in her tracks and looked expectantly at yoongi. he was in a happier mood, being able to take control of the conversation.

"well in an all-nighter, you can do whatever you would never do when you're awake or something you don't have the chance to do. first, i think you should get some clothes and some shoes," yoongi noted. he gestured to her socks.

"ooh, you're right. come on let's hit the thrift store and do some all-nighter shopping!" raena exclaimed, jumping up and down.

yoongi rolled his eyes playfully. "slow down, it's not even midnight yet."

the two hit the thrift store to buy some cheap clothes raena could change into. she wasn't a fan of the food stench.

"i found some shoes that i think are your size," yoongi appeared next to raena as she eyed a pretty sundress. the yellows of the dress really brought out her eyes. or maybe it was the reflection of the moon through the windows.

"waddya think of this?" raena beamed at him.

"it's kinda chilly you'll need like tights or something," yoongi said with an awkward shrug.

raena nodded and put the dress back. she bit back a pout until she spotted two matching black bucket hats with a small butterfly in the middle.

"yo yoongi! let's get these matching hats!" raena gestured for yoongi to follow.

yoongi's ears perked up at the word "matching". oh nooo people are gonna think we're a couple.

"umm i don't really like hats," yoongi shrugged, scratching the back of his neck.

raena scoffed, "that's a lie. you've broken a rule just now. i've seen you wear hoodies before with the hood on. plus it's dark no one we'll see you if that's what you're worried about."

that's not what i'm worried about.

"please? it would be such a friendship thing. come on, i'll wear whatever embarrassing outfit they have here in exchange," raena pleaded, snatching the hats and putting them near her pouting lips.

yoongi resisted the urge to laugh, "what are you doing?"

raena scoffed, "being cute. i'm really good at that. now please?"

yoongi was honored she was even asking. it meant she cared about his opinion. she wasn't forcing him to wear it. and to be honest he thought he'd look kind of cool in a bucket hat. it reminded him of the rappers he would listen to and their cool hip-hop outfits.

plus he gets to choose her outfit.

"sure," yoongi sighed, smiling when raena jumped up and down, scaring an elderly lady passing by. "i'll make sure to make you wear the most embarrassing thing, okay?"

raena nodded and watched yoongi browse the store. she imagined how they would look together walked down the street. two peas in a pod. he'd probably look really cool. people would be staring at him maybe—wait what are you saying stop!

she shook her head and continued to browse.

yoongi didn't seem to find anything embarrassing as he scanned the racks of clothes. it was randomly organized rather than put into sections. yoongi couldn't blame them, though, it wasn't like there was much space for each type of clothing or item.

just when he was about to give up and pick the first thing he saw, his tired eyes landed on.

she's gonna hate that...let's buy it!

yoongi snatched it up and figured some black jeggings would do well too. on his way to the cash register, he saw a medium-sized black book bag which he figured raena can put her work clothes in. he also went back for those shoes he saw earlier.

huh, looks like i did end up spending more money on her. crap.

raena caught yoongi about to pay and she skipped on over, being careful not to crash into the old lady who was trying to walk through.

her friend shook his head at her while she beamed at him, bucket hats in hand.

"you have to be careful with the old women, if you hurt them accidentally, you will be indebted to them for the rest of your life," yoongi tsked. he turned his attention to the woman at the cashier. "hello, we'll take these."

"hey yoongi, what did you get me?" raena asked curiously. she leaned over the counter but was stopped by yoongi standing up taller.

raena's eyes widened at his chest and she backed away.

yoongi paid and raena took the bag, leaving a hat for him before going into the small bathroom to change.

while yoongi hummed a song to himself, he looked outside the big glass windows of the store. it was getting darker and yoongi wasn't sure what they would do to spend time together. when he had all-nighters it was usually him staying up and doing something productive. he never binged watched tv like tae did, or had people to hang out with.

yoongi let out a sigh as he continued to wonder what raena would like.

but the sudden yelp from the bathroom told him exactly what she didn't like.

"this is sooo disturbing!" raena exclaimed.

yoongi let out a silent chuckle and the cashier smiled at the two.

raena burst open the door and revealed herself.

her shirt was about two sizes two large filled with an image of a shirtless torso of a hairy guy with a potbelly.

"you couldn't have given me a guy with abs?!" raena exclaimed, patting her bucket hat down. her hair was in a low pony tail. "it looks like i drank too much alcohol!"

yoongi smugly shrugged and turned around to the exit door. he was hiding the biggest smile he's ever had since he met her.

raena waves a goodbye to the cashier and followed yoongi out the door to begin their adventure.

__