𝟷𝟺...ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ

Beginne am Anfang

"It must be the side effects from all those injections they put in you earlier. I'll ask the nurse to give you a painkiller," Sehun said. 

Nabi frowned when she heard Sehun and asked, "Injections? What injections?" 

Sehun crossed his arms across his chest and began to speak when he was cut off by the door opening with Mia walking behind a nurse this time. 

"I'm back," Mia announced and then she spotted Sehun and her voice tone completely dropped, "Oh. . .you're back too."  

Sehun closed his mouth and gave Mia a suppressed smile, deciding to wait until the nurse was done checking up on Nabi before explaining anything to her. 

"Park Nabi-shi?" The nurse walked towards her with a clipboard in her hand, "How are you feeling?" 

Why was everyone so hell bent on asking her that question. She had fainted earlier. Was it not obvious that she's clearly feeling like shit? What else she supposed to say. That she's perfectly peachy? 

Instead Nabi said, "I'm feeling fine." 

"Really? You don't feel any pain?" The nurse asked, taking out a thermometer. 

"My head hurts," Nabi admitted, "And my body really feels heavy but I don't feel any kind of strong pain." 

"Hmm," The nurse took Nabi's temperature and said, "The anesthesia must still be working then. Your fever has also lowered down but it isn't gone yet. I'll talk to the doctor and give you a painkiller according to the amount you can have. You had fainted earlier Nabi-shi and you also had very high fever. We also had a look at your back while you were unconscious earlier. The doctor who treated you earlier is currently in the operation theater but he will come see you once he is done."

Nabi slowly nodded her head. The nurse was speaking quickly and it took Nabi a couple of seconds to wrap her head around what she was speaking about. 

"We will also have to take quick rapid Covid test from you. Its hospital policy to have every admitted patient take a test but we couldn't do one earlier since you were unconscious and couldn't give your consent," The nurse said. 

Nabi nodded and said, "I understand." 

"If you have any questions, you can ask me or you can ask the doctor when he comes. He'll explain more about your treatment and your condition," The nurse informed Nabi as she quickly pulled out a rapid Covid test kit and said, "Could you please open your mouth?"

Nabi opened her mouth and the nurse quickly took a saliva swap and put it in the tiny test kit. 

"I believe you should be fine," The nurse said, "I shall take my leave then." 

Nabi nodded and the room fell quiet until the nurse left. 

"Hold on," Nabi said once the nurse was gone as something suddenly dawned on her, "How does she know about my back?" 

Nabi was really asking no one in particular when Mia answered her question, "They saw your back when they were changing you in the hospital gown." 

That was when Nabi looked down at her body and realized she was no longer in the clothes she had worn to work in the morning. 

"What happened? You fainted at work," Mia asked, standing in front of Nabi's bed with her arms crossed in front of her chest. 

"I. . .I don't know," Nabi said truthfully, "I just remember being really dizzy." 

"If you were feeling this sick since the morning, you should have just stayed at home and rested," Mia said. 

"It wasn't even that bad in the morning," Nabi said.