“Cole,” she whispered to herself, before planting a gentle kiss on the top of his head.

“Be careful Kenz,” I reminded her.

Kenzie sat down carefully beside him and watched while Cole gurgled and squirmed, his tiny legs kicking in the air. “Hello baby,” she smiled at him.

I clasped my hands over my heart. “She’s the sweetest thing Maya,” Hope whispered, turning to face me with a smile plastered across her face. “They grow up so quickly!” she continued with happy tears collecting at the corner of her eyes. “It feels like we were in college just last year and yet, here we are, ten years later, you with a two year old and me with a six month old and a teenager!” she exclaimed. She bent over to pick up her son, she held him extended at arm’s length causing Cole to erupt into the cutest, most contagious laughter I'd ever heard.

“Muuuummy,” Kenzie whined, she stood up and walked over to me to tug at the hem of my shirt.

“Yes pumpkin?” I smiled, tucking her dark ringlets behind her ear. Her green eyes shone back at me and I felt dazed that she was my daughter. Zane and I made this gorgeous little being.

“Daddy?” she asked innocently. I picked her up and sat her on my lap carefully before glancing up at the white time piece on the wall.

“He’ll be home soon,” I smiled. She jumped off my lap with her eyes and mind once again fixed on Cole. “Kenz, why don’t you go get Cole what we bought him today?” I suggested. She nodded and ran off through the house and came back with an oversized stuffed bear. She gave it to Hope.

“For Cole,” she mumbled shyly, indicating to Hope that she should give Cole the bear.

“Thank you Kenzie,” Hope grinned at her and enveloped her in a hug. “Look Cole-” she began, clicking her fingers in the air to gain his attention. “Look what Kenzie got for you,” she said waving the bear in the air above him. “Thanks Maya,” she smiled.

I laughed, “We saw it this morning and Kenzie wanted to get it for him.”

Hope picked up Cole and she and Kenzie came toward me, Kenz stood between my legs with her eyes locked on my stomach and before I realized what she was about to do, she leant forward and kissed it, whispering, “Baby.” I hoped Hope was too far to hear but she caught it.

I rubbed my hand over my face, mentally slapping myself. “Maya!” Hope exclaimed putting Cole into his carry case. She turned to face me, a cheeky grin forming on her face.

Heat rushed to my cheeks and I tried but failed to hide my now blossoming cheeks. “Yes?” I replied innocently.

“What was that about?” she exclaimed, an eyebrow rising questioningly. “Huh?” she pushed, elbowing me lightly.

I shrugged my shoulders, my cheeks turning an even darker shade of red. “Uhm, Kenzie’s going to be a big sister,” I said slowly. Her reaction was priceless; I burst out laughing as Hope’s face fell, mouth ajar, eyes wide, face pale.