"How'd you sleep, sunshine?" I asked the habitually hyper girl.

"Great!" Ariella pulled away from me, swinging her arms by her side, "But, Mamma says that we have to leave soon."

A soft chuckle was heard above us, which caused me to look up and spot Aurora. Golden hair messily thrown over the woman's shoulders shone gorgeously with the help of the sun. Her lips were pulled into a smile, and her arms were crossed in front of her.

"You know you have ballet lessons later on, princess." the taller blonde spoke, running a hand through her hair.

I pinched the girl's cheeks once seeing a frown start to form on her pouting lips, eliciting a giggle from her.

"Well you can't leave without breakfast," I grinned, nodding over at the table full of food, "How about you drown your pancakes in whatever toppings you want while I go wake up my mom, yeah?"

Ariella darted over to the dining table without another word being spoken. I laughed and stood up to my full height, shooting a glance at my best friend who smiled at me, a bitten strawberry in her hand.

My eyes rolled slightly at Phoebe as I made my way out of the kitchen, sending a warm smile to Aurora when passing her.

I smiled at the teen boy at the counter before walking over to where my mom was seated, a total of two boxes in my hand.

One box was pushed aside while the other was sat in the middle of our shared table, a dozen of donuts with different topping on each one.

After everyone had left — Aurora and Ariella to ballet lessons and Phoebe to god knows where — my mother and I decided to come over to the bakery that was across the street from home.

The place smelt of nothing but sweetness, many cakes, cookies, and pies on display for any and everyone to try. Cream colored walls, a few such as the one behind the register were brick. A marble flooring trailed all over the shop, reflecting faces of customers as they smiled and the dim lights that hung from above. Pop music played softly throughout the space, causing some people to hum lowly to the lyrics as they nibbled away on their treats.

It was aesthetically peaceful.

"How's the bakery at home?" I questioned my mom, picking up a chocolate donut that had diced strawberries in the center of it.

A sip of hot coffee was swallowed before she responded, "It's the same as before you left; lively and well managed. It couldn't be any better. Though, I do miss the help of my daughter."

I laughed and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear that'd fallen from the claw clip's grasp, "I haven't been gone for long."

"It sure does feel like it." she smiled gently, grabbing a plain chocolate donut with sprinkles, "You're growing up so much."

My eyes caught sight of the small pout on my mom's face, "If you start crying, so will I," I pointed out, reaching over the table to poke at older me's right cheek.

She swatted my hand away while laughing, biting into the pastry that she'd picked up. A grin took over my features as I watched my mom devour the donut. I handed her a napkin and waited til she was done dabbing at random places on her face before speaking up again.