"Don't touch her again, I fucking mean it." Rico caught me before my body could slam on the floor.

"Fuck you!" Diego spat.

Within seconds Rico pinned him against the wall with his hand squeezed on Diego's throat.
His face slowly started to get red as small whimpers escaped from him.

"I'm going to spare your life and give you a chance to run out that door and never step foot here again." Rico uttered strictly.

His eyes shot directly at me the moment Rico let go of him, giving me a slight glare.

He crawled his way to the door as the sound of his heavy panting filled the room before he left.

"That wasn't needed." I said under my breath.

"Why have you been ignoring my calls princess?" He asked with a hint of frustration.

"I've been busy with a lot of things." I mumbled out.

"Get in the car, we have somewhere to be in a few minutes."  He commanded.

"I'm still in my pajamas." I informed.

"We've arranged something that you can wear." He said.

"Is this some kind of occasion?.. Because if it is I'm not going with." I questioned.

"Get in the car." He sounded fed up.

"Give me a minute.." I said with an attitude.

I quickly went up to my room to have a shower and changed in a sleeved crop with cargo jeans and a pair of sneakers.
I detangled my hair and rushed back down.

"We can go now." I sassily said.

He soon got up from where he sat and walked behind me.

The drive was mostly silent as he was on his phone and his guard behind the wheel.
The entire time I looked out the window, trying to think about where he might be taking us to.

"We're not dating..." I muttered.
"Hmm?" He hummed.

"What you said earlier." I responded.

"I only said that so he could leave you alone, it was obvious you didn't enjoy his company." Rico said calmly.

"Oh..." I said and quickly faced the window timidly.

——————-
We arrived at a small house, it seemed abandoned but it was obvious that people were there.

"Ah, Encantado de que pudieras venir Rico" (Ah, Glad you could come Rico.)
A middle aged man said immediately Rico and I stepped in.

"¿Es esta la chica?" (Is this the girl?")
He asked while scanning me.

"sí" (Yes.) Rico replied.

"Nicolas." The man introduced.

"Darcy..." I replied nervously.

"Glad to see you again." Frenaldo said at the corner of the room with a smirk.

"Missed you too." I said back with a playful smile.

"We didn't come here for formal greetings." Rico said.

"It was Pedro who hired Nick, he just confessed this morning." Frenaldo announced.

"I knew it was that fucker from the start." Nicolas muttered.

"He currently flew back in from England to attend an occasion... one where all the most powerful men are in now." Frenaldo concluded.

"¿Qué tienes en mente?" (What do you have in mind?) Nicolas asked.

"They are low on security, so Darcy would go in and lure him the same way she did with Nick." Frenaldo suggested.

"Not every man is easily taken away at the sight of a lady." I reminded him.

"What are you suggesting?" Frenaldo curiously asked.

"I spike his drink." Everyone looked at me confused before Nicolas spoke.

"You spike his drink without him knowing, of course, and we keep an eye on him. By the time he passes out we bring him along with us."

"We should just go in there and shoot that fucker, that's what he deserves." Rico said.

"You just want yourself killed." Frenaldo sighed out.

"It doesn't work like that hijo. Without planning this shit, it's not going to work out." Nicolas said.

Without uttering a word Rico walked out the room.

"Is he always like this?" I asked unimpressed making them chuckle.

                                       ***

I was handed a black long double thigh split dress with a pair of black heels that went perfectly with it.

I did my hair and makeup before I came out the room.

"Took you long enough." Rico muttered.

"Where's Fernando?" I asked.

"He's already at the location." He replied.
"Wasn't I meant to go with him?" I questioned.

"Change of plans." He replied and walked out the door.

He parked beside a building, one that looked like it was made since the 90's.

As soon as we got in, my eyes scanned the entire room.
They were a group dancing which had most people's attention.

Rico passed to me a small bottle with a liquid in it and I jammed it inside my purse.

"The man at the corner that's seated alone, he's on a dark blue suit. Do you see him?" Rico asked.

I saw who Rico addressed. His face was faced down at that time but still I nodded slightly as a response.

"You have one chance, don't fuck it up." Rico whispered in my ear and walked away.

I slowly paced my way to the man to get a closer look at him but It seemed like I've seen him before.

Then it came to me, the man I was standing in front of was Mr Laurier.

"Shit."

Thanks for reading ❤️