Tying the Knot

"Franz."

Moren waved her hand the moment I entered the foyer of the bridal suite. Two makeup artists are getting her ready while the other fixes the skirt of her wedding dress.

I smiled and walked slowly as I watched her close her eyes to get her eyeshadows fixed. I stopped two steps away from the edge of her dress. Nakatayo lang ako at pinanood ang babaeng ayusan habang naghihintay ng tamang pagkakataon para makausap siya.

I came here with a gift. I am not supposed to drop by here but I thought it will be hard to give it later at the reception as I have to leave early. She opened her eyes when the three women left her side. Then I saw how beautiful she is, especially today.

"Anong nginingiti mo?" she asked, suppressing her laughter. "Anong hitsura ko? Pangit ba?"

Kahit siya ay natatawa. How can I keep myself from laughing? "You're ugly." I lied.

She frowned and took the mirror from the vanity to see how she looks. She looked from side to side to examine every angle of her face. I took that time to survey how she grew up throughout the years. She's not a baby anymore.

"Ang ganda ko talaga," she mumbled and looked at me. "Kaya naiinlove 'yung isa noon."

I smirked and crossed my arms on my chest. "You were beautiful back in High School, not now." You are more beautiful today.

"Sinasabi mo lang 'yan kasi bitter ka. Hindi ka pa moved on, noh?" She raised both of her brows, making her eyes look bigger.

"Your face is thicker than the foundation you are wearing." I chuckled. "Nadala ka ng wedding dress," I pointed out.

She gave me a proud look. "Ako pumili nito."

"I didn't know you have a good taste. Si Ross kasi pinili mo," biro ko na siyang ikinanganga niya. Not long after, she laughed.

"Gago ka." Her laugh was loud enough to get everyone's attention. "Hindi ko alam na may taste ako, pinili ko lang kasi 'yung pinaka--"

"Mura?" I cut her off. "Kuripot mo pa rin."

"Tangeks, hindi. Pinili ko 'yung pinakamadaling hubarin para hindi na kami mahirapan mamayang gabi," she said nonchalantly.

I was stunned. I gave her a surprised look that made her laugh even more.

"Siyempre, 'di ba magbibihis ako sa reception? Ang hirap naman kung 'yung pinili ko 'yung aabutin kami ng isang taon para mahubad. Ano ba kasing iniisip mo?"

I grinned and shook my head. "Maybe you have one in mind?"

"Wala naman akong ibang iniisip bukod sa hawak mong regalo. Nag-abala ka pa magbalot ng ginto. Sayang lang ang wrapper. Buksan na natin." Her hand was asking me to near her.

I glanced at the box I am holding before sitting beside her. I gave her enough space not to ruin her dress. "Last gift ko na 'yan sa 'yo," I said as I handed her the box.

"Gusto mo talaga mauna, dinala mo pa rito. Sila Ace ba dadaan din?" tanong niya habang binubuksan ang regalo.

"No. They will go directly to the church. I just had to make a special appearance here. Baka maaya pa kitang takasan si Ross."

"Pwede naman na kayo na lang ni Ross magpakasal. Payag ako," she joked. It was before she finally unwrapped the gift I prepared.

"It took me years to get that ready. Don't judge."

She looked at me with a ball of joy in her irises only after turning the cover page of the album.

"Siraulo ka," was the first thing her lips uttered when she saw the first page. "Ako lahat 'to?"