Chapter 13

"Fuck Accountancy," I secretly mumbled while searching for the lost paper on my desk.

People around me will not hear what I will say anyway. They are all busy at their own table. Eyes on laptops, fingers on the keyboards, and probably minds that are already flying around, thinking what is the best lunch to eat to feed a hungry stomach.

I hate this course. It's like a stairway to heaven. Miss one step and you'll fall, dead. Kaya nga marami sa amin ang pinili na lang huwag tumuloy at bumaba kesa sumubok at itaya ang sarili because it's easier to give up than to work hard every single day.

However, I can't give up. The only thing left to do is to suffer.

Suffer now, enjoy later. That applies to other people but not me. Walang enjoyment na naghihintay after graduation, probably another suffering.

It's not being negative, it is called being aware.

"Era, kaya mo pa ba?" tanong ni Vanessa habang papalapit sa akin.

"I can't find the announcement letter I printed," I said, still in search of the original copy. I need it! Hindi ko pa iyon napiprint-an ng kopya.

"Ano bang hitsura no'n? White paper lang?" she asked. Nakikihanap na rin ang ulo at mata niya sa paligid.

"Yes. Can you help me find it?" I'm in a hurry right now. I waited for the last class to end before I disseminate the copies of that letter even though I could've left earlier if I wanted to.

I and Vanessa almost turn my table just to find the letter but we can't. A sigh marked my frustration. I am too busy that every single problem, small or big irritates me. I don't know if I still lack time management or if I am handling way too many tasks.

"Ano 'yang hawak mo, Samuel?" Vanessa asked the guy sitting in the last row.

I traced the direction of her eyes to see Samuel holding a piece of paper innocently. He has his headphones on. He didn't realize Vanessa was talking to him until I stared at him.

"Ano na naman ang kasalanan ko?" Nagtaas siya ng kilay.

"Sabi ko, ano 'yang hawak mo," si Vanessa.

He raised his right hand that holds the paper plane. "This? You haven't seen an airplane made of paper?"

"May nawawala kasing papel si Era. Hindi ba iyan?" Vanessa helped me organize the folders on my table as she talked to him.

Just in time when we are done, Samuel is has already unfolded the paper plane. Sulok lang ang nakita ko ay alam kong iyon ang papel na hinahanap ko. Biglang tumaas ang lebel ng dugo ko.

"Calling the attention of all students... " He started reading it, proud and loud. While my fingers began to scratch my palm in anger. "Ito ba ang hinahanap niyo?" Higit niya iyong itinaas.

I am glaring at him when Vanessa asked me. "Iyon ba, Era?"

My jaw pursed. Inilunok ko ang inis dahil alam kong bawal ko siyang paglabasan ng sama ng loob. I stood out of my seat and went to him.

His lips rounded. Looking back and forth on me and the paper. "O, snap. Hindi ko kasalanang kakalat-kalat kaya napagkamalan kong hindi na kailangan."

I slightly bit the side of my lips to tame my anger before taking the paper from his hand aggressively. "You reached college and you cannot read, Mr. Gamboa." It was the most respectful voice I can use. Just because a lot of people are still in this room and one of them might stab my back.

"You reached college and you can't keep your important things in the right place, Ms. Legazpi. You should not leave your things flying around."

I only need his apology but I got a rebuttal question? He is unbelievable. Bakit pa kasi kailangan ko siyang maging partner sa dance club, bakit ko pa siya kailangang makagrupo sa research. At bakit ko pa siya kailangang maging kaklase in the first place? I don't see any essence.