Chapter 26

"I will send people here to get the rest of my things, just the important ones. You can sell the unit with the furniture, I don't care," I told him while packing my clothes.

Franco isn't crying anymore. Tulala na lang siyang nakatayo sa gilid ng pintuan ng kuwarto habang pinanonood akong kuhanin ang mga damit at iba pang importanteng gamit.

I rushed, aware that if I stay longer, I will suffocate myself. After emptying my wardrobe, I stood and turned my back to realize he was not there anymore.

I had the chance to look around the room one last time to see if I forgot something I need to get. I didn't see one but I saw hundred of memories we made here.

I am changed to a new dress now. Even after what happened earlier, I'm on my nonchalant expression. Kahit ilang beses niya akong niluhuran at hinilingang manatili, nagagawa ko pa ring maging malakas sa harapan niya.

I guess we can do what seems to be impossible sometimes. Lalo na kapag nagmamahal ka.

Bumuntong hininga ako. I breathed the air I missed from holding back my tears every time I will see him. I breathed my deepest before going out of the room.

The unit was never been this silent. It's either full of laughter, shallow arguments, squabbles, sounds of love, and sometimes sorrow and stories that we share before sleeping.

I'm grateful for everything. Even for a short time, I was the happiest version of myself. I felt loved for being myself. But yes, I knew it since the start. It's nothing but a plan. It's my fault I gave in but I will never regret loving him.

I halted walking when I saw him near the door. Like he's waiting for me to finally leave the unit--to leave his life and he can't wait for me to be out of his sight.

"I'm leaving." That's all I can utter after saying all the painful words I can throw to hurt him.

I took one step forward and his back unrested from the wall to block my way. I look at him with pity in my eyes.

He's holding the engagement ring I gave back last night. Humigpit ang taban ko sa handle ng maleta.

"I don't need--"

"Take it." He cut me off. "You can keep, burn, or throw it. Just take it. I don't care what you want to do with it." He took my hand and placed it on my palm. "I don't want a single thing that will remind me of you."

I nodded as I closed my hand. Keeping eye contact with me, he moved to the side to give me the way. I was about to leave when he said something.

"Don't show up to my face again," he said. "I don't want to see you again. Ayaw na kitang makita kaya sana hindi na magtagpo ang landas natin." He is breathing heavily.

"Because if we do, I will take you back and won't let you go no matter what it takes. Kapag nagkita tayo ulit baka maging makasarili ako at ikulong kita sa 'kin. I'm begging you one last time. Let's not see each other again."

I nodded. He's behind me and he can't see my face, that's why I dare to let all my tears fall.

"Goodbye, Rory. You can leave my life now."

"Please... never be back."

I bite my lips and immediately walked away when it feels hard to stop my crying. I cried loudly after the elevator door closed, giving me privacy.

I only want the best for him. Even if we delay the pain, we'll still suffer because none of us has the courage to free ourselves from our fate. Pwedeng ipagpabukas namin ang sakit, ang problema at ang paghihiwalay, pero dadalhin kami ng kapalaran kung saan kami nararapat.

Fundamentals of Marriage | Suarez Iजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें