Chapter 41

It was only a week ago when Franco knew Felize is his daughter yet I can see how good of a father he is. He spoils her, not in a bad way. He spends time with her and chooses her over his work.

Most of the time she's testing his patience. Felize can be the naughtiest and silliest kid on Earth. I didn't lie.

Last Monday, I gave Franco the report he asked me to do. I met him at Yuri's office. He has something to give to me so we went back to his office together. Only to see Felize playing with his laptop.

"Felize. That's not a toy," I said calmly to stop her.

She kept opening it while it was on then she will close it to see if the light will remain if she folds it.

"It's interesting, Mommy."

She's interested in almost everything. If I remember it right, one night, I saw her doing the same thing on our fridge. The next day I woke up at her bedside me explaining why it happens.

When depressed by the door closing on it, the switch interrupts the circuit and shuts the lightbulb off. It was exactly what she said to me after searching for an answer.

"Don't scold her. She's enjoying," Franco said, amused.

"Don't cry kapag nasira ang laptop mo," ani ko. "Tell her she shouldn't play that if you don't want her to get used to it."

"I can buy her a laptop, Era," mataman niyang sabi at dinaluhan ang anak sa lamesa.

"Look, Miguel. It turns off when you close it. It will light back when you unfold it," tuwang-tuwa niyang sabi.

"That's cool. Can I have my laptop now? I just need to do something."

It was after the trouble. He was even smiling widely as he talked to her. Nakakandong ang anak niya sa hita habang nakaharap sa screen. Then, he closed it.

I raised my eyebrow, asking what was wrong. When he held his forehead, I was certain Felize did something stressful.

"What?" I uttered.

"Did I send a file to you?" Sinuklian niya ako ng tanong.

"You sent nothing to me, Mr. Suarez."

"I think... She deleted the files." He looked like he was about to cry when he said that. My jaw slowly dropped before glancing at Felize who was looking back and forth at us.

"Don't scold her. Atleast she enjoyed," balik ko sa sinabi niya kanina.

I couldn't leave his office because I was worried about it. I stayed. He put his daughter down and tried to retrieve the deleted files but I guess he just finished it and didn't save it. He failed to bring it back to life.

He massaged the bridge of his nose. "What should I do? What did you press here, Felize?" Magaan naman ang boses niya nang tanungin ang anak pero mukhang naaaninag ni Felize ang stress sa mukha niya. She looks guilty more than scared.

She shook her head. "I don't remember. J-Just random buttons."

"This. Did you press this?"

She nodded. "I think... I did." She played with her braided hair.

Franco rounded his lips and sighed. When his back rested on his chair, he has already given up.

"A-Are you mad, Miguel?" My kid's voice was soft. That always happens when she's guilty of something wrong.

"No." Franco took her and made her sit back on his lap. "Are you hungry, love?"

"I want a sundae."

I smiled when Felize rested his head on his chest. Franco looked at me so I had to straighten my face.