Chapter 30

"Who is that girl, Mommy?"

Felize is pointing her finger to the big canvas, about the little girl who is having a peek inside the messy closet. Her hands are holding both of the closet's handles, ready to open.

"What is she doing? Are they playing hide and seek like what I and Mimi play?"

I beamed because she made sense. The woman is hiding while the little girl looks like she's been searching for her because they are playing. I didn't intend to make it look like that. It just happened but I think that's a good perspective for a six-year-old kid.

"No, Felize. They are not playing. They don't know each other at first. The woman didn't know she will meet the kid but they felt an instant connection when they did. The woman is hiding but not from her, she's hiding from the world and is afraid to go out because she's wearing a different color most may not like."

"The little girl is helping her?" Tumaas ang boses niya.

"She is opening the door for her. She is telling her to be brave and face the battle. She is teaching her how to get out of the closet," I explained.

"Wow. She must be an angel, Mommy."

My smile widened. "She is." You are an angel, Felize.

Sinundan ko ng lakad ang anak nang lumipat siya sa susunod na obra ko. It's big as the first one. While the earlier painting shows the process, these two show the result.

She stopped in front of the painting on the easel. She remained quiet for a minute like she was trying to see the meaning behind it. She grew up as a keen observer. I am not that type of person so I wonder where she got that.

"Why is she afraid to go out when she's this beautiful?" Tumingala siya para tagpuin ang mga mata ko pagkatapos makita ang mukha ng babaeng nagtatago.

My tears almost fell in warmth of her words. Bumaba ako upang pantayan ang taas niya. Then, I looked at the painting.

"She was afraid because someone told her you need to be perfect to be loved. You need to be the best. So she lets another identity represent her while she hides in her safe place."

Felize is intently listening to me. Her eyes make me want to explain every detail of the piece. She looks invested in understanding it.

"Then an angel came to her life. She's an unexpected friend. She became her ally, the missing piece that fill the emptiness of her soul. She taught her everything she wished she knew from the beginning. She didn't feel the need to be a coward again. Step by step, she freed herself." I caressed her cheek and pinched it lightly. "With the help of an angel."

"That was deep, Mommy. You are amazing." She gave me a thumbs up. I couldn't resist it so I kissed her. "That means she's out of her comfort zone now?"

I nodded, eyes watering. "Yes, baby."

The ghost is finally out of the closet.

We're here at my art studio. I started painting again when she was three. I made sequels for my first painting. The first one is the one I made back in the exhibit. I named the second one. 'Hello, Who's inside?' It's a good title for I never confirmed that the woman inside is a ghost. The answer can be found on the last one which I call 'Aurora'.

It means dawn. It's me telling the world who I am. That I'm not a ghost, I am a woman. I am me. She's wearing a black dress but the touch of blue, yellow, and orange disperses from the bottom of her skirt like what the dawn's palette looks like.

It means rebirth. She was born for the second time with a braver soul and a heart that knows her worth.

"Where are you? The program will start in ten minutes," si Kennedy.