Chapter 1

"That was probably the most embarrassing thing I ever did."

Exhaustion, regret, and shame, that's what I dreamt about that night. Bukod sa sinira ko ang magandang imahe sa harapan niya, I made him look like a toddler who peed on his pants.

"A night to remember."

"A night of shame, you should've said."

I was grateful that he didn't tell my parents it happened because of my reckless actions when they asked him. He just said the glass slipped from his hand so it wetted his pants.

"Paano ba nangyaring nabasa mo siya? Baka naman..." Ibinaba ni Ciana ang isang slice ng carrot cake sa harapan ko. "Sinadya mo?" bintang niya sa akin.

I took a bite of the cake and chewed it before going against her accusation. "Sinadya ang alin? To make a bad impression on our first meeting? No, Ciana."

"So it wasn't your goal to scare him off? I thought we're on the same side. Mukhang ang gusto mo palang mangyari ay magbigay ng magandang impresyon sa kaniya?" Tumaas ang parehong kilay ng babae.

I stop eating to look at her mischievously. "Of course not. I'm just ashamed of what I did and wished it was a beautiful dinner to look back." I bite my lips, realizing I am being too defensive.

"Okay. Sabi mo." She grinned before facing the sink to wash the dishes.

I busied myself by eating for me not to disturb her. I am hungry and the sugar is making me crave more but I have to eat only the half of cake or else my stomach will hurt later.

The conversation opened again when Ciana began talking about that night. "How were your answers by the way? Mostly positive or negative?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. "He's not rude but he's not good either. His actions are acceptable. The way he thinks proved to me that he is indeed a Suarez. I hate it when someone argues with me and the idea that he is smarter pisses me off. You know how much I hate competitions."

"So he's a five?" Pinunasan ni Ciana ang kamay bago umupo sa harapan ko.

She's inside while I'm sitting at the stool outside the counter. Only the white marble with gold flakes countertop connects our skins.

"Let's say six."

The woman laughed for no reason, making my brow confused. "You okay?" It was a sarcastic question.

"Are you?" balik niya sa akin. "The last time you rate a man six was four years ago. When you were still a high school sweetheart."

I waste a second rolling my eyes. "Fine, he's a five. Can't you stop remembering that guy from the past? I've moved on. Ikaw na lang ang hindi."

"Sure," natatawa niyang sabi.

I finished my drink peacefully. Naging abala si Ciana nang may dumating ng mga customer. Pinababa ko muna ang kinain bago nag-ayos at naghanda na sa pag-alis.

I have ballet practice today. I need to be consistent in practicing because for sure academics will eat up all of my time when the class starts again.

Mayroon lang akong dalang handbag at ang pointe shoes na binili ko kahapon. My pieces of stuff are in my locker there so I don't have to carry a lot every practice day.

"Mi amor," tawag ko kay Ciana. She's cleaning a table.

"Aalis ka na?" Inilagay niya sa tray ang bakanteng nga tasa at platitong ang ilan ay may laman pa.

"The studio opens at eight a.m., five minutes and it's eight," ani ko pagkatapos sumulyap sa relo.

She did glance at the clock to confirm it but she didn't let me go yet. "Give me a minute, I'll prepare you a ginger tea for later."