Chapter 31

"What happened? Pawis na pawis ka. Tumakbo ka ba ng marathon?"

I was catching my breath when I entered the cafe. Hindi naman sana ako tumakbo pero hanggang dito ay ramdam ko ang kaba.

"You won't believe what happened," I told Ken.

I wasn't expecting him to be still here since the staff and crews can take care of the guests. Mukhang wala siyang mahalagang lakad ngayon.

"Drop the tea," hamon niya. "But drink first." He handed me a glass of water before sitting in front of me.

Uminom ako upang palitan ang tubig na nawala sa katawan sa pagtakbo kanina. I put the glass down after emptying it.

"Gosh, Ken. I thought I couldn't run with pumps on but heck! I ran like a triathlon runner," exaggerated kong sabi.

He crossed his arms on his chest after leaning his back on the chair. "So how many calories did you burn?"

"From running fast or from running away from the truth?"

His lips formed an 'o'. "That was deep. Ano ba talaga ang nangyari at parang ang lalim ng pinanghuhugutan mo?"

"I saw Franco," I said. His face flash backed inside my head. Makikita ko na naman siya gabi-gabi sa isip ko.

Kennedy doesn't look shocked but a playful smirk visited his lips. I raised an eyebrow. "Hindi ka man lang ba magugulat?"

"Pwede naman. Take two. Tell me you saw Franco."

"I saw Franco," uto-uto kong sabi.

"Hell, no! You saw him? Guwapo pa rin?"

"Oo--I mean, ewan ko." Nataranta ako sa lakas ng boses niya. Bukod sa malaki iyon ay halos magtinginan sa amin lahat ng nasa loob ng cafe. "You're annoying, Ken. Lower down your voice can't you?"

"Gwapo pala, ha." Nagsalisihan sa pagtaas ang mga nang-aasar niyang kilay.

I rolled my eyes and mimicked the position of his arms on his chest. My legs crossed. "Nakita ko siya pero hindi ako nagpakita."

"Because you ran?"

"Yes, what else could I do? He was talking to Felize meanly. Well, they were both mean to each other. Did you teach my daughter how to be mean?"

Itinaas niya ang parehong kamay. "Hold up, Era. I'm not responsible of that. Baka talagang may pinagmanahan lang ang anak mo. You mentioned they were both mean on each other. If she didn't get it from Franco, baka sa 'yo."

"I was never mean," sambit ko.

He shrugged his shoulder and gave me a lopsided grin. "Why did you run instead of confronting him? Didn't you tell me you want Felize to know his father? You want Franco to know Felize is his daughter and not mine."

I breathed a deep one. "Yes, but it was not the perfect time to do it. Ano lang? Nagkita kami face to face after six years tapos sasabihin ko sa kaniyang may anak kami? I'm sure he's still thinking I am a cheater for I haven't told him the truth."

He nodded to support my statement. "But you'll do it? Sasabihin mo sa kaniyang may anak kayo?"

I leaned forward, elbows on the table. I wear a problematic face before looking at him in the eyes. "I'm having second thoughts."

"Why is that?"

"He has a kid now. What if he doesn't acknowledge Felize as his daughter for what I did before? What if his family says something bad to my daughter?"

"Anak niya rin naman si Felize. He can't be unfair to her. Are you scared he won't accept Felize or are you scared you can't take him back?" He asked me that in the most serious voice.