Chapter 5

"Good evening."

He responded like a normal person. He even stared at me for a couple of seconds before realizing our position and what is happening.

"Holy crap." His body overreacted. He almost pushed me just so he can distance himself from me. "Why are you here?" It was a sound of accusation.

"I'm cleaning your mess. You are a disorganized person." I crossed my arms on the chest and stood out of the sofa.

His face is confused with a touch of red. When his eyes darted to the open laptop, he took it to close. Then, he looked at me with judgment.

"What now?"

"You are advantageous. This is not a fair game. You should not make a move while I'm asleep."

Anong sinasabi niya? Is he accusing me of digging into his laptop?

"Excuse me, I am not that type of woman. Can't you be grateful that I let your heavy head rest on my pretty shoulder for you to enjoy your dreams? I even organized your papers and yet what I got were accusations?" I threw my hands in the air.

"You what?" His mouth rounded. "Tell me you don't mix--you put all the papers together?" He wanted to yell but he can't. I can tell.

He's asking me but I guess the tall single pile of papers on the table already gave him an answer. I bit my tongue inside my mouth, watching him get mad at the papers but not at me.

"H-Hindi ba dapat?"

"These are three different financial statements, Ms. Legazpi. These are multi pages without page numbers. Now, how am I suppose to sort this ton of papers?" Nakatingin na lang si Franco sa mga papel habang minasahe ang sentido niya.

"S-Should I help you sort it?" That's the only suggestion I can offer.

"No. I'll leave it to my Executive tomorrow." He sighed after confirming that I did mix all the papers.

Aware of my mistake, I walked back to the sala with a guilty heart. I kept my eyes to the front, in seek of getting entertainment to forget what I did and to reflect? Maybe.

I am sorry that it bothers me. I hate that since the day we met, I kept embarrassing myself in front of him. It's impressive to realize that he never calls out my behavior. When basically, I'm a princess with perfect white teeth on the news and on TV. That's why I don't feel the need to act like a different person when I'm with him because eventually, I know, he will see me unmasked.

Remembering the call I took earlier and that freaking disinfectant that I should not care about made me glance at him. Eyes on the screen again, typing.

Ngumiwi ako. Only if he's a little kinder, I could have not told Kuya I don't like him.

I did not realize how long I'm looking at him until his neck snapped and our eyes met. Naibalik ko sa TV ang mata na nanlaki agad nang makitang naghahalikan ang dalawang karakter sa palabas.

Jesus, I am not prepared for this. Hinanap ko ang remote sa tabi ko ngunit wala akong nakapa. It did not took me a long time to see it's on the coffee table. Franco took it.

Baka kung ano pa ang iniisip niya. I can feel fire on my face. He lowered the volume before facing me.

"I'm gonna sleep first. I cannot sleep with loud noise. Okay lang naman siguro sa 'yo manood ng halikan kahit mahina lang ang sounds."

Manood ng halikan? What?! I am not even watching it. It was an accident. I did not see it coming. There were a lot of words to say and yet I was too stunned to speak.