Chapter 43

Days went like a whirlwind at doubled speed. The day of my daughter's recognition has arrived. I woke up with a plan. We have a plan. Franco and I agreed with his idea. It shall work because if it doesn't go as how we wanted it to. Baka mahirapan akong simulan ang paliwanag sa bata.

"Mommy, I'm excited. Are you?" She's clapping in glee.

"I'm excited that I don't know what to wear. What should Mommy wear? This or this?" Itinaas ko ang magkaibang kulay na bestida sa harapan niya.

"I like this better, Mommy. But you choose what you like."

She picked the royal blue dress. The dress I wore when Franco and I met first in our mansion. Looking at it brought the memories back.

"Mommy loves blue so she will wear it. I'll just get ready, wait for me here, okay?"

"Take your time, Mommy."

Si Felize naman ang parati kong inuunang ihanda sa tuwing may lakad kami. Kapag tapos na siya ay saka pa lang ako gagayak.

I put on the dress and partnered it with my white pumps that complement the color of my handbag, both white. I tied my hair in a low bun, clean and cool looking because no strand of hair is wandering on my face.

We'll use my car. Hindi kasi pwedeng si Franco ang sumundo sa amin dahil kailangan niya pang maghanda. Hindi makadadalo si Ken na hanggang ngayon ay nakabakasyon pa rin sa Cebu. He can't go but he's more excited than me. He couldn't contain his happiness when I told him my plan. I don't know how I landed on this man. He's happy when I'm happy and I think that's rare to find. People who give love without expecting something in return are just pure love that is not romantic.

"Kapag naghiwalay kayo ulit, pakitawagan ako. Ako papalit sa 'yo," aniya mula sa kabilang linya.

"We're not yet together."

"And you already slept together?! What do you call that? Back to housemates kayo? Wow. Loyal sa label."

I laughed a little. "His family doesn't know his daughter yet. That's what I'm afraid of the most. Baka hindi nila matanggap ang anak ko."

"What will you do if that happens?"

"I don't know but I won't let them harm my child. I don't think Franco will let them anyway. We'll see."

"I love the spirit. You've grown so much through the years, Era. I feel like I'm your father who witnessed it all."

I rolled my eyes with a smile on my face. "Buti hindi ka kinilabutan nung sinabi mo 'yung father?"

"Fairy Godmother na lang," he replied, chuckling.

"I'm Aurora, not Cinderella."

"Huwag ka nang kumontra kung ayaw mong matulog nang isang daang taon ulit," he joked. "Give the phone to Felize. I'll talk to the baby."

Like what he requested, I gave the phone to the kid while I prepared myself and all the things we need to bring. We're ready before the clock could warn us.

"Let's go, love. We'll be late."

I'm both excited and scared for this day to come. Excited that she'll finally recognize Franco as her father and not as Miguel. I am scared that she might hate me for lying. I lied for six years. That ain't no good but I did it for her.

When we arrived at her school, her classmates are already in line. Malayo rin naman kami sa unahan dahil gamit niya ang apelyido ko kaya hindi kapansin-pansing muntik na kaming malate.

"You are looking for?" I asked her.

"I can't see Malcolm, Mommy."

She's talking about Ross and Moren's son. I can't see him too, but both of his parents are tall enough for me to find him.