Chapter 44

"Is it waterproof?"

Franco won't leave my side while I prepare for the party. I asked him to look after Felize who's watching their favorite barbie show but he's here instead, disturbing me while putting on my make-up.

"Why are you concerned with that?" I looked at him while putting on my lipstick.

"The label is too big for me not to read," aniya.

I pressed my lips together, spreading the red lipstick equally distributed. I read the brand name and the label before putting it down. "You saw it naman pala. Why ask?"

"Some labels were made to fool people. I wanna make sure the company is doing their job right."

I rolled my eyes solemnly. "By?"

He pulled the vanity chair closer to the table where he is sitting. "Let's see if it's waterproof."

I couldn't even chuckle because he already claimed my lips for a kiss. I thought it would be a short peck on the lips only but he was hungry. He devoured me like an appetizer.

My hands held his chest, getting ready. I pushed him away when it was too hard to breathe already. I was panting when our lips parted.

"The lipstick passed the test," he uttered after wiping the wetness his lips brought to mine using his thumb.

"Nothing has changed, Franco. You're still a flirt."

Pareho kaming natawa dahil wala naman kaming pinagkaiba. Kaya nga siguro nabuo si Felize because of our flirting skills. I just hope Felize won't take it after us.

After straightening my hair and doing my makeup, I opened the wardrobe to look for the best dress to wear. I took two dresses as my options and then showed them to Franco.

"Choose one, this or this." I raised one hanger after the other and waited for his answer.

"You put it on, let me see."

We still have time left and we're not rushing at all so I decided to give both a try like what he wanted. The first one is a yellow dress with an accordion skirt and the top patterned with lilies. The second dress is a sage mermaid dress that is silky and sophisticated.

"Which do you think is better?" I haven't taken off the mermaid dress since I feel like he will choose this.

"I love what you're wearing right now. You look mature and sexy. Both look good on you. But if there's to compete, I will win." He kissed my cheek.

"Stop flirting with me and choose." I faked my annoyance to cover my fragile facade.

He chuckled. "I prefer you nake--"

I hit his stomach to cut him off. "We'll be late, Sir."

"You're beautiful and cute with the first one. You're sexy in that dress you're wearing right now. If I were to choose, I'll love you to wear the yellow dress because you might steal everyone's eyes if you wear that." He smiled.

"I will still wear this," ani ko sa haba ng sinabi niya.

"Ace was right. Girls are always right, never go against them." He kissed my cheek before leaving the room to see his calling daughter at the sala.

What does he mean by that?

I asked Franco because I couldn't decide but he did not give me an exact answer. I spent at least half an hour staring at the mirror with both dresses in my hands to see which one is better. In the end, I chose the mermaid dress.

Fear is what flows in the river of my system at the moment. I may sound nonchalant and chill but deep inside I'm overthinking about what might happen at the party later.