Chapter 35

"A-Ah, be gentle--Sir."

This is the time when I want to yell at him but I can't because he's the boss. Franco canceled the meeting for Pete's sake so he can treat my burn. Who I am to complain?

Kahit parang sinasadya niyang diinan ang pagpahid ng cream sa palad ko, hindi ko magawamg magreklamo.

I flinched when his finger rubbed the area. He glared and pulled my hand back to him because I was slowly moving it away.

"Tiisin mo. Mas masakit pa rin ginawa mo sa 'kin," aniya.

I can't believe he's bringing the past again. I wasn't able to control my emotions earlier and exploded. Heaven knows how much I hate disappointment. I'm still in the process of convincing myself that I don't need to please everyone and there will always be someone you will disappoint.

I just can't swallow the truth that he is that someone.

"I can do it on my own." Inagaw ko ang kamay ko. "We can still run a meeting at two p.m., you may not want it to ruin your schedule."

"What do you take me for? I do what I want. I'm the boss here, Ms. Legazpi. Give me back your hand."

The authority in his voice made me obey him like a freaking robot who's programmed to do everything he says.

I refused to look at him while he applied the cream until he already wrapped the gauze on my hand. Our position is so awkward. Being this close to him feels unreal. His bottom rests on his desk while I sit on the chair in front of him, legs crossed and heartbeats racing.

Before he could finish his so-called 'first aid', the door opened.

"Why did you cancel--" Naputol ang dapat sana ay sasabihin ni Yuri nang makita kami ni Franco. "the pagpupulong," he added and went inside.

I thought it was only him at first, but the group of men followed him. They were observing me as they neared us. Pagkatapos ay pumalibot silang lahat sa amin. I am conscious because I'm surrounded by men, my other hand dropped on my thighs.

"What happened to our sexytary?" Elias and his annoying nickname for me. I find it a word of tease rather than a piece of compliment.

"She burned herself," tipid na sagot ni Franco pagkatapos silang samaan ng tingin.

"Call an ambulance. We'll rush Ms. Legazpi to the hospital." The man was serious when he said that, causing peals of laughter inside the office.

"Stop laughing, everyone. Get a fucking doctor to check our secretary." Sinakyan pa ng isa ang trip ng naunang lalaki.

"Tell the public we're stopping the operations so Ms. Legazpi can rest and heal properly."

"Idedemanda ko na ba ang kompanyang binilhan mo ng plantsa?" Si Franco ang tinanong ng pinsan niyang sa hitsura ay mukhang bata pa. Kulang ata siya sa dugo, sobrang putla.

"That's from us, asshole." Someone hit the back of his head.

"Dolce Casa is about to go down now."

I did nothing but roll my eyes because they are exaggerating. They are teasing Franco for sure and he's not liking it.

"Why don't you leave my office and do your jobs? I don't need an audience here."

"We were curious why you canceled the meeting because you never did that before. We got our answer, I guess."

Naihinto ni Franco ang ginagawang pagsecure sa gauze dahil sa sinabi ng lalaki. He paused for a couple of seconds and tied it.

"Very valid reason, Coco." It was a different man who called him by an out-of-world name.