WM & NR: Paprikash.

Start from the beginning

"I'll get you some breakfast. Are eggs okay?" Natasha sighed, passing her fingers between her misplaced red curls to tie them in a high ponytail.

"Whatever you'd like, love. I don't mind." Wanda added, now focused on the sitcom, playing in the T.V. "Oh and don't forget to call Tony, to let him know I won't be at the reunion, today."

Natasha nodded in response and gave Wanda a kiss at her temple before climbing down the bed, accidentally stepping down on Calipso. She took it between her hands, letting out a chuckle and went on the quest of finding the 4-year-old around the apartment. She already had an idea where she could be so it didn't take longer than ten minutes to found her criss-cross seated on the balcony.

"You left me in the bedroom." Natasha sat down beside her and lowered her voice as if Calipso was speaking and move the stuffie in front of Y/N, to get her attention.

Y/N only lifted her head, and took the monkey from Natasha's hands to give it a long hug.

"Up?" Y/N asked, after a couple of minutes, making grabby hands at the red-haired russian.

"You want me to carry you?" Natasha arched her eyebrow with curiosity.

It was the first time since Wanda and Natasha started dating, six months ago, that Y/N asked her that directly. The russian Avenger (and the other Avengers, as well) already knew she only wanted to be held by her biological mother. So to say Natasha was shooked, was an understatement, she never thought the young sokovian would get that comfortable around her, or at least not this quick in the relationship.

Y/N nodded, so Natasha happily picked her up and walked to the kitchen.

"What do you think your mama would want for breakfast?" Natasha asked to the 4-year-old.

Adjusting her better on her hip, as she rummaged the kitchen cabinets. Y/N hid her face on the crook of Natasha's neck, tiredly.

"What about eggs? Pancakes?" Y/N shook her head. "Waffles?"

"Waffles and Paprikash..." Y/N mumbled tiredly, but loud enough to be heard by Natasha.

"Mhm... you want waffles for breakfast?" Y/N nodded at the question, so Natasha chuckled. "Why chicken paprikash?"

"It's mama's favorite... It'll make her happy"

"You're totally right, Y/N. That would lift her spirits and she won't be sick anymore. Good thinking." Natasha put her free hand out so the little girl could high-five her.

"Can I help with something?" Y/N asked her with a sheepishly smile.

"Of course, Y/N. I would love your help. Could you pass me the spices you think it needs? They're down here." Natasha signaled the lower drawer.

Y/N nodded happily, now that Natasha put her back on her feet and went on investigating the spices she knew.

"I've never made that... This should be interesting..." Natasha mumbled to herself, taking some chicken and eggs from the fridge while she looked for a recipe online.

"There you go, mommy." Y/N called, after putting the bottle of paprika in the counter, alongside the other spices.

A wide-eyed Natasha swallowed dry in surprise. One thing was the 4-year-old wanting to be held by her, which was understandable since Wanda wasn't around and other completely different was Y/N calling her "mommy" for the first time, all in less than an a hour. She tried to play it off, thinking she probably mistaken her for Wanda, again. So she only offered her one of her warm smiles.

"Thank you so much, dear. Now, would you like to sit on the counter and draw something while I cook?" Natasha asked her, taking up a cutting board and a knife.